16. The chef's special

My eyes opened and searched the room. The warm breathing in the back of my neck made me awake. Surprised I looked to my stomach where I felt an arm loosely holding me. Out of nowhere the arm disappeared to the other side of the bed and I felt the person next to me moving. Now I turned my body around to look at him. He looked as surprised as I felt when he ran his hands over his pale face. "Shit. I'm sorry. I must have fallen asleep while we were talking yesterday," he said nervously as he scratched the back of his neck. "Don't be sorry," I shrugged and let my head fall into the pillow again. "Are you hungry?" Luke asked to break the awkward silence that had taken place after that. I nodded and stood up as Luke did the same.
As we walked downstairs together I prayed that Luke's mom wasn't awake yet. Luckily she wasn't. "Welcome to my kitchen. Today's special is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or you can also have the chef's delightful bowl of cereal, served with fresh milk," Luke grinned as he walked me to the table and shoved out a chair for me. "Mmh, I think I'll go for the cereal, it sounds delicious," I smirked. "Great choice, miss. One bowl of cereal coming up!" Luke laughed and then dissapeared behind the counter to take two bowls. A few moments later he walked to the table and served me, trying to look professional without even wearing a shirt.
When we were finished his mom came downstairs and greeted us happily as she kissed Luke on his head while walking past him. "How did you sleep, Emma?" She asked friendly. I blushed a little and Luke looked at me with a tensed look on his face. "Really good. Thank you for letting me stay here." "Oh, it's no problem, sweetie. You're always welcome," she replied as if it was nothing. "Thank you so much, my mom would probably never allow anyone besides my childhood friends to sleep over, she would probably let them sleep in in the garden house and lock it so they wouldn't sneak out," I laughed. "And she probably would ground me for four months if she'd know I was here." "Well then we better don't tell her, do we?" Liz joked. "Is she always like... that?" Luke asked me. "Yeah, she's very harsh, my dad stands more on my side but he's quite strict too," I sighed. "Oh I think I already know who your parents are," Liz said. "Is it that obvious?" I laughed. "Well, let's just say I know your mother really good." Me and Luke both looked surprised at her and she laughed at us. "I have a social life too, you know," she grinned and started to clean the table. Luke and I stood up to help her as we continued our conversation. "But anyway, Emma, you can always come her if you want to. I know it's not that easy to match her ideals." I figured that Luke's and my mothers had a past together but probably had a fight. The weird thing was that I felt like I was on Liz' side. I just felt so welcome here, she was so sweet. Even though she never met me before she just took care of me last night, something my own mother would never do."Thank you, I really appreciate it," I politely smiled. "It's no big deal, I love having Luke's friends around here. There will always be a place and some extra underwear for you here," she joked. I loved how she called me 'Luke's friend' instead of assuming we were together. Even my best friends were annoying about me hanging out with Luke. Okay, something did happen between the two of us but even before that they acted that way. I was so tired of them."Oh that reminds me of something, we should check if your clothes are dry," Luke said. "Oh sure, I put them on the drying rack. I'm going to the mall and I'm going to be late if I don't go now. So I'll have to leave you behind," Liz said. "Again? Didn't you went shopping like two weeks ago?" Luke complained, being a typical boy. "Yes but now I'm going with Joy," she smiled while grabbing her purse. Luke rolled his eyes and I just smirked at him."Okay, I'm gone now. Have fun but don't crash the house," she smiled. We said our goodbyes and just before she closed the door she bopped her head back in. "Oh and Lucas, behave."

•••••••••••••••••
[A/N] hello, currently I'm on vacation in Spain and I don't have wifi but I found an opportunity to upload so here we goooo :)

P.S. more chapters coming up soon xoxo