9. Skipping

Where the hell are we?" I asked Luke. He pulled up at the parking lot and turned to me. "I figured you need to eat something because of the whole morning and you being cranky without breakfast thing," he said with a big smile. "Hey! I'm not cranky!" I tried to defend myself. "Sure and my mom is Oprah Winfrey," he shrugged and got out the car. I rolled my eyes at his terrible joke and followed him.

We ordered some take away food and ate it on a bench at the park. "You think they're missing us already?" I laughed. "Well, me possibly not but I'm damn sure your friends are wondering where you are," he answered. 

"What do you mean nobody misses you?" I asked. "I mean you aren't all alone, are you? 'Cause if you are you can join us," I added. "What? No, I have Calum but since Ash and Mike don't go to school anymore he constantly skips school to hang out with them," he smiled. "Aw and you're too innocent to skip school?" I teased him.

"Ahem excuse me but what am I doing right now? I even got you in," he said proudly. "D'awh! I'm so proud of you Lukey, being all badass and skipping school" I joked while petting his head. He threw me an annoyed look for messing up his hair, causing me to laugh. 

"Well you're also not at school right now, Emma Williams. You should be ashamed of yourself," he joked. "This is the first time in my entire life I miss a school day. I even went when I was sick a few times before. I'm a good girl," I smiled. "Good girls are just bad girls that haven't been caught," he laughed.

 "Wow that was like you read it straight from a poetry book" I laughed. "I write songs, remember?" He said. "Oh yeah, that's right. So is that a line from one of your songs?" I asked him. "Maybe," he shrugged. "Why maybe? Why don't you just tell me?" "You'll find out soon," he said and then got up from the bench and started to walk, without even waiting for me. "Luke! Wait!" 

He turned around and gave me a cheeky smile. "Jeez, you're slow, you should work on your condition," he joked. I punched his arm and he almost fell over but he could grab my arm just on time. "Or maybe you should work on your condition since you almost fell over by being pushed by a girl," I laughed. He mumbled something that sounded like "Shut up," and I started laughing even harder. 

 "Look at you having the time of your life, skipping school," Luke smirked. "Stop making me feel bad, Luke!" He started laughing again. I swear I've never heard him laugh as much as today ever before. "There isn't anyone home at your place, right?" "No, why?" I asked him. "Then let's go over there, I'm getting bored here." I agreed with him and then we headed to my home.