Part 42: I'll Always Remember You

"And..." I trail off, beginning to fidgit on Niall's lap. "She wants us to move to Australia with her." Explaining that my mum wasn't dead was hard enough. Telling them she wanted us to leave was easily torture.

"She what?" Louis' eyes widen.

"Don't make me say it again." I shake my head, refusing to make eye contact with any of them.

"So what are you saying, are you gonna go with her?" Niall asks while wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I don't know." I mumble. "I want things to be better for Danny and being here obviously isn't helping him. I don't want to leave but I can't let him go by himself. I read something that he should be somewhere where he doesn't know his surroundings."

"If you need to do what's best for him then go." Liam tells me.

"I don't know if I can leave you." I cover my face with my hands. Niall hugs me tighter. "But as I said I don't want him to be by himself."

"I can't believe you're actually thinking about leaving." Zayn croaks.

"Look, I don't want to! But what choice do I have?!" I cry. "He won't be the same until things are better and I want him to live his life. I don't want him to go through the s*** of a life I did. He deserves more than this." Harry taps the bell on the table lightly, trying to lighten the mood.

No one says anything, yet, they really didn't need to. We were all just trying to process the situation which I could tell. Ideas were being thrown around in our minds but got turned down. I had absolutely no idea what to do. So I run into my room before breaking down into tears. Almost immediately there is a knock on the door. Niall walks in, pulling me to his chest.

"Why can't my life be simple?!" I exclaim.

"Shhh." Niall hushes me, playing with my hair. "It's ok."

"No it's not! No one knows how to help and there is no way both of us are going to stay!" I shout.

"Calm down Ali. Everything will be alright. Things have a funny way of working themselves out. You don't need to worry. Things will be fixed. I promise." Niall says. I nod slowly.

=============================================================================

*Niall's POV*

There is a scream from down the hall. Oh no. I pull the duvets off of me and rush into Allison's room. She was lying in bed clutching her pillow while crying. "Al." I murmur walking over to her. I wrap my arms around her. She digs her head into my chest bawling. "Aww. Babe. What's wrong?"

"Danny was taken away." Al mutters. "They took him."

"Who?" I furrow my eyebrows together.

"Ugh. It doesn't even matter." Al replies, swiping away the tears on her face.

"Let's just get you back to bed love. You seem like you could really use some rest." I whisper. She nods. I scoop her up and put her back under her blankets.

"Stay." Allison catches my arm as I am about to leave. "Don't go." I smile then shift under the covers. I wrap my arms around her.

=============================================================================

*Allison's POV*

"Danny." I call out, walking into his room. He was sitting on the floor playing with legos. He looks up at me. "We need to talk." I close the door and sit beside him. "I know you probably won't say anything but I have to tell you something either way." I lean against his bed. "Do you remember when dad read you the letter from me when I left?" Danny nods. "And how I told you that your real mum had died?" Another nod. "It turns out that she is actually alive." His eyes brighten. "She came to visit yesterday and wants us to move away with her and your little sister." I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. "But if we go we can't see the boys or girls anymore. We won't see or talk to them because it is so far away. Do you want to leave?" There is a slight pause before he nods his head. "Will you promise to talk to them and be yourself?" He nods again. "Will you talk to me?"