Part 15: Bad Times

THREE WEEKS LATER

I was able to go to public school now. After a h*** of a lot of work I was finally able to go. I still was in love with Niall, which I have talked about with the girls MORE than enough times. I was grounded for a week because I pretended to be sick at Nando's so I could go home with the girls to talk to them. It wasn't that bad.

It had been getting harder and harder to concentrate on school since all I really wanted was for Niall to teach me guitar again. I missed the lessons. I felt weird thinking about it, but I really wanted Niall to be my boyfriend. But he is twenty. I'm only sixteen. It wasn't going to happen. The girls said I still had a chance because Niall has mentioned he would date a girl no matter how old they were. I'm not sure if a four year difference is too much. Louis wouldn't like it either way.

I walk down the hall to my locker. I still had dyslexia and dysgraphia and chronic fainting but Louis was helping because the lady said he was the closest person to me next to Danny and my mum. If I get a bad feeling I have to drop everything and go to the nurse. I pull it open smiling at the picture inside. Danny drew me a picture at the night of the knife game.

I grab my stuff for my next two classes. Gym and band. I currently played trumpet. I was the only girl out of eight doofs but Mr. Tyler said I was better than they were. And I only started last week. Ha!

I stand around for a minute waiting for my friends. I had three of them. Matt, John, and Emma. They were really nice. Emma was kind of a girly girl but I've learned to deal with her. I've had a million friends in the past week but they have sucked because they use me to get to the boys.

"Is Louis going to propose soon?" Emma questions me.

"I'm not telling you anything." I laugh.

"Why not?" Emma whines.

"Because, it's between us." I shrug.

"You just don't want to tell me." Emma smiles. I roll my eyes as we make our way through the gym to the locker rooms. I change out of my jeans and green shirt with a monkey into a black t-shirt and blue shorts. I lace up my running shoes. I throw my hair into a ponytail. Emma grabs my hand dragging me out.

"You're so peppy, it's kind of annoying." I tell her.

"I know." Emma squeaks. Matt was in hysterics.

"So what are you-" I am cut off my a gun shot followed by several screams. I turn to see a senior in a black hoodie holding a gun. My heart pounds against my chest. Matt and Emma were tugging on my arms but I was frozen. They finally drop them and run.

This was my life.

The one thing on my mind was Danny. No, we would have gotten a call if there was a shooter in the elementary school. Louis would rush to pick me up immediately.

The gym teacher and two kids had been shot along with the nurse. Other kids were running for their lives while pulling out their phones. I was parylized in the middle of the gym. Come on Allison, move!

Another bullet shoots through the room hitting the large window which shatters over me. His eyes lock on me. I felt dizzy. I was going to pass out. F***.

There were sirens. A lot of sirens. He starts walking towards me. The room was almost dead silent as the daredevils stuck around to watch. This guy's target was obviously me. If I am not killed there is a chance he would go after the boys or even worse, Danny, before the police get here.

I kick his ankle so hard I swear I tore a muscle in my foot. He falls to the ground. I snatch the gun off the floor before he can grab it again. I kick him in the stomach and the balls then run to the other side of the room. How the f*** do people load guns?! That guy was rolling around on the floor in pain, whoever he was.

The sirens were getting closer, the guy was starting to get up, and the gun was jammed. My heart-rate increases. Oh my God!!! I was getting a sick feeling while hitting the pistol against my palm. It felt like I was going to throw up.

He starts approaching me again. I hit the gun against the wall a couple times. Nothing. It wasn't working. I couldn't help the fact I was starting to cry. The one boy that was shot was John. We hadn't known each other for long but he was like family already. Well, we met at the park about a week and a half before I started public school. Focus!

My feet start to move backwards while the boy was closing in on me. I was heading towards a corner. This wasn't good at all. My back hits the wall. I keep hitting the pistol, trying to get it to work. There was a bullet in it but it wasn't working.

His hand comes up and encloses at the base of my neck, squeezing it so hard he has blocked off any circulation of air. I gasp for any sign of oxygen, clawing at his hands on my neck. Nothing I do affects him, and my eyelids are growing heavy. I feel lightweight.

"Hopefully you'll be able to stay alive, your dear friend Niall will hope to talk to you again." He says before chuckling. Niall!!! Tears trickle down my cheeks. "Don't cry, your family only thinks you are dead already." No!

I cough, grasping his hands and trying to pull them away from my neck. He finally lets go when a tazer catches on his arm. The officer shoos for me to run and I make a bee-line for the door.

I race down the hallway, almost slipping. I run out of the school where the biggest crowd ever was. Police, ambulances, fire trucks, paparazzi, fans, every student, and mourning parents. The boys would for surely be here, searching for my body. Eyes draw over to me, jaws dropping open. What were they looking at?!

"Sir, I need you to back away from the police line! We are getting an attendance!" An officer yells. Louis!

I plow through people, pushing away the paramedics and police approaching me. I lost the yells over Louis so I head for the Irish calls. Ignoring the police's protests I lift up the caution line going through another section of people.

"Get the h*** away from me!" I shriek, fighting the urge to punch the paps.

I swipe at the tears but they were flowing faster than they ever have before. While bawling I try to pull myself together but it doesn't work.

"Niall!" I cry as loud as my dry, cracked lips will let me. He spins around on his heel to face my shaking body.

"Thank God!" Niall shouts running towards me. He scoops me up off the ground. I latch my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. "You scared the life out of us. You should have come out."

"I couldn't. I froze and-and he w-walked towards me and then, and then-"

"Shhhhh." Niall hushes me. Familiar faces pop out from everywhere wrapping their arms around me. I was just crying into Niall's neck. That was just so hard for me. Out of what has happened in my past years, this is what traumatized me the most. After maybe thirty minutes I am calmed down I bring my head out from Niall's chest.

"What's on your neck?" Louis asks, running his thumb over whatever was causing his concern. I look down to see I had a large purple mark on each side of my neck. It was from when that guy tried to strangle me. That made tears pool in my eyes again.

"H-he tri-tried to-to strangle m-me." I slur before my vision goes black.