Part 41: You're Alive?

After Niall went to get ice cream cake and brought it back and we ate it, we took a very well needed nap on the couch. Nothing much has happened since then. Niall ordered a pizza like ten minutes ago. I'm sat on the floor editing the video we did earlier.

"How's it going?" Niall asks sitting down beside me then pulling me into the space in-between his legs.

"Good." I answer, tilting my head back to look at him.

"That's wonderful." Niall smiles while wrapping his arms around my waist. I take in a deep breath laying my head against his back. "You alright?"

"Just tired." I mumble.

"Take another nap babe." Niall tells me, kissing my cheek.

"I don't know. I can't sleep when I'm hungry." I yawn.

"Ok." Niall chuckles.

"What?" I question.

"You're just cute." Niall says. I blush.

=============================================================================

I bite down on my nails, pacing back and forth in my room, trying to let out energy. I didn't get why I couldn't sleep. I was exhausted a few hours ago. It was just annoying. I've tried everything. Even reading and that always makes me tired. Suddenly there is a knock on my door. I pull it open. Niall was standing there in his boxers.

"I can't sleep without you." Niall sighs. I can't help but smile.

"Neither can I." I admit.

"Come over?" Niall asks, hope filling up in his eyes.

"Yeah." I nod slightly. Niall smiles brightly, grabs my hand, and we walk over to his room. It felt kind of surreal you know? I was able to get over what happened to me so quickly. I guess that's just what happens when you are with people that care about you.

Niall makes sure I'm comfortable in his bed before sliding into the space next to me which I found extremely sweet. He wraps his arms around me pulling me to his bare chest. I nuzzle into him, relaxing like crazy. Niall leans his head against mine, singing softly into my ear. I almost immediately fall asleep. Niall.

=============================================================================

"Morning beautiful." Niall brushes hair out of my face when I turn to him.

"Morning." I giggle at my boyfriend's goofy smile. "What time is it?"

"Around ten I think." Niall shrugs then kisses me. It was short and sweet, something to bring a smile on my face.

"We should probably get our a***s downstairs and call Louis back before he kills us." I murmur, nuzzling deeper into his chest.

"Screw it." Niall mutters while hugging me tighter.

"I agree." I mumble. Maybe twenty minutes later we are able to drag ourselves down to the kitchen. Niall begins to make breakfast so I head for the house phone. It had about nineteen messages. I laugh, dialing Louis' number.

"Finally! You scared the crap out of me!" Louis shouts.

"Sorry." I reply, leaning against the wall. "How is America?"

"Good, kinda sucks since you all aren't here too." Louis responds.

"I won't always be living in this house Louis." I watch over Niall as he starts making pancakes. "I will be going to university in two years."

"I know." Louis sighs. "I just want to have as much time with you until then."

"Yeah, because I'll miss Niall flipping pancakes and one sticking to the ceiling then falling on his face." I smirk.

"That happened?" Louis gasps.

"No but it's about to. I'll talk to you later. Bye." I hang up and go to help Niall.

=============================================================================

I was honestly kind of sad that it was our last day alone in the house. We just had such a great time together. It gave me a picture of what I would like my future to be like. It could have only been better if Danny talked. No progress has happened and I am really worried. Niall has been doing an amazing job with keeping my mind off of it.

The date was amazing. We went out and had a nice dinner then walked on the beach. It was great to go out and have fun again. It generally feels like the last time I had fun was a lifetime ago. The time locked in that basement sucked the life out of me.

"Ali." Niall calls out, walking in my room.

I was wearing tiger print pajama pants and one of Niall's white shirt. I had actually become quite fond of wearing them. They were really comfortable and Niall loved seeing me in his clothes. So I have like five of his shirts in my in my closet.

"Yeah?" I turn around biting my lip.

"I-I'm not able to sleep without you." Niall croaks timidly.

"Everyone will be home at midnight and Louis will check on us." I cross my arms, wishing I didn't have to worry about them. I honestly wanted to be with him.

"I actually called asking what to do if you couldn't sleep and he said whatever to make you comfortable." Niall explains. I smile brightly, letting him take my hand. I follow him to his room.

=============================================================================

"You're back!" I exclaim hugging everyone when I walk downstairs the next morning.

"Yeah." Louis smiles kissing my forehead.

"Did anything happen yesterday?" I sigh, watching Danny sit in the corner of the room playing with his shoes. I cross my arms.

"No. Not at all. His actions only show that he is traumatized. We don't know how to help him." Louis explains. I frown. Was this really it for Danny?

"Let's just have some breakfast, yeah?" Niall wraps an arm around me. "We'll dwell on it later."

"Ok." I groan and follow everyone into the kitchen. I see how everyone talks and fills each other in on what they were doing while Danny plays with his eggs. I let out a deep sigh. He would never be the same.

=============================================================================

There is a knock on the door. I glance at Danny. He was watching Spongebob. I get off the couch walking over. When I pull it open I almost s*** a brick. "Mum?" I gape out.

"Allison!" The all too familiar voice shouts.

"I-I th-thought you w-were dead!" I slur.

"I didn't die. Your father got a woman to act as me dying then he locked me in an attic." She tells me.

"Wha-how?!" I blubber.

"I know it's hard to believe, but I'm here! You have a little sister in the car. We are moving to Australia and I thought it would be a great idea to have you and Danny come along." She replies with a bright smile.

"I don't-"

"Look how big you are!" She cuts me off. "How old are you now?"

"Sixteen." I croak. "Danny turned eight a couple months ago."

"How is he doing?" She asks. I look down at my feet.

"He got traumatized when Peter took him. He won't talk." I choke out. "Look, I don't really know if we should-"

"Well, I need to go hun, but it was so amazing seeing you again. I'll come back tomorrow and maybe we can talk more about the move. Bye." She hugs me.

"Bye." I respond in a hushed voice. She pulls away and gets into her car. A huge question was plastered in the front of my mind.

Why didn't I get that feeling?