Part 24: A Halloween Party

*Allison's POV*

With Niall's wallet on me I was able to get to the airport after a week of wandering. The only item that I had with me was the bangle Niall gave me. It was the only thing that mattered. If I kept it I would be safe. 

"Please return to your seats, we will be landing in London in five minutes, thank you for flying with us." A way too perky voice announces. I lay my head against the glass of the window. My phone died the day after I ran away so I couldn't text the boys even if I wanted to. Luckily I bought a charger in the airport so I am hoping to charge it when I get into the building.

Five minutes pass and I step off the plane into the airport. I walk to a back corner sitting in a chair. I plug my phone in. Another ten minutes go by and I pick the phone up. All of my inboxes were full. I sigh deeply.

To: Emma

From: Allison

Hey. It's me. I know we haven't talked much since the incident but you are worried. I can tell from your messages. I don't have time to explain but I'm back in London. Louis won't want me to come home. Can I stay with you???

Not even minutes pass and I get a reply.

HOLY CRAP! U R ALIVE! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH, GOD DA** IT! OF COURSE YOU CAN COME OVER! WE R THE SAME SIZE ANYWAY! ME, MY MUM, AND MATT WILL B RIGHT THERE! DON'T MOVE OR I WILL KILL U!

Fifteen minutes go by and Emma texts me that she is here. I walk out of the airport. Matt and Emma come running over. They hug me tight and I burst into tears. I told them over the phone about what Louis had said. I was a broken little b****.

=============================================================================

"We have to go to the mall!" Emma tugs on my arm.

"Why?" I groan.

"We need to get you a costume!" Emma shouts.

"A costume for what?" I ask.

"The boys are having a Halloween party tonight and you are going to it." Emma pulls me off the couch.

"Why?!" I shriek.

"You need to go back home." Emma tells me.

"It's not home." I roll my eyes. "It's their house which I have never called my home."

"Can we please go look for something? Matt and I will go with you." Emma offers.

"Fine." I huff.

"YES!" Emma screams. Matt smiles grabbing his keys. He was a few months older than us so he already had his license. We drive to a Halloween store and start looking for costumes. While that is happening I start to write a song in my mind. And the palm of my hand.

=============================================================================

"I can't believe we're doing this." I mumble as Matt drives towards the place where the boys were having the Halloween party.

"I'm so excited for you!" Emma squeals.

"You got me into a dress and you put make up on me, if you squeal again I will punch you." I snap.

"Sorry." Emma puts her hands up in surrender. She was a bee and Matt was a vampire.

"I just want to get this over with so I can go back and live with you again." I sigh.

"Who said you were going to have to come back?" Matt furrows his eyebrows together.

"What Louis said." I shake my head. "He's never going to talk to me again."

"That's not true babe, look on the bright side." Matt smiles. 

"Niall calls me babe." I whisper looking down.

"What?" Emma raises an eyebrow.

"Nothing." I lie. We come to a complete stop five minutes later. We step out of Matt's car and walk inside. Lights were flashing, music was playing, and people were everywhere.

"Let's just have a good time and see if we run into the boys, yeah?! If we don't find them tonight you can come back!" Emma yells over the music. I nod slightly.

=============================================================================

"I'll see you guys in a couple minutes, I need to go do something." I point to a random corner of the room.

"OK!" Emma screams, continuing to dance. I find my way through the people to a back door. I pull it open walking up a pair of steps. I snatch a guitar walking as deep into the back stage as I can. I sit on a stool, trying to memorize the words I wrote on my hand.

"Took a deep breath in the mirror. He didn't like it when I wore high tops. But I do. Turn the lock and put my headphones on. He always said he didn't get this song. But I do, I do. Walked in expecting you'd be late. But you got here early and you stand and wait. I walk to you. You pull my chair out and help me in. And you don't know how nice that is. But I do. And you throw your head back laughing like a little kid. I think it's strange that you think I'm funny 'cause he never did. I've been spending the last eight months. Thinking all life ever does is break and burn and end. But on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again. You said you never met one girl. Who had as many James Taylor records as you. But I do. We tell stories and you don't know why. I'm coming off a little shy. But I do. But you throw your head back laughing like a little kid. I think it's strange that you think I'm funny 'cause he never did. I've been spending the last eight months. Thinking all life ever does is break and burn and end. But on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again. And we walked down the block to my car and I almost brought him up. But you start to talk about the movies that your family. Watches. Every single Christmas and I want to talk about that. For the first time what's past is past. 'Cause you throw your head back laughing like a little kid. I think it's strange that you think I'm funny 'cause he never did. I've been spending the last eight months. Thinking all life ever does is break and burn and end. But on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again. Then on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again." (I know it's actually high heels not high tops and love not life, but I had to Allisonify it)

I finish to the biggest amount of clapping I have ever heard. I whip up to see the DJ standing there with a microphone. My eyes widen, the boys know my voice. I clutch the heels to my chest running for my life.

I bolt out of the back-stage. I run through people basically shoving them to the ground. Tears well up in my eyes and I continue to push people out of the way. I finally get to the door and I tug on the handle. I had to get away and kill myself before they catch me.

"Allison!" A voice booms over the room causing everything to be silent. I look over my shoulder. The boys were standing on the stage in costumes. My chest heaves up and down. The girls run on. 

"Where's Danny?!" I cry. They exchange a mortified look with each other. My hand moves off of the handle. What had happened?

"Al..." Niall trails off. My heart was pounding.

"Danny..." Liam starts. "Danny got h-hit by a car. He's been in the hospital for over a week." With that in my mind I hit the floor.