Part 36: Back To December

*Allison's POV*

I watched the Brit Awards and Niall got his surgery done. I am so happy for him. I've slowly started to accept that Emma and Matt are dead. It's been really hard but I try not to think about it. I have been focusing on trying to stay alive.

Footsteps awaken me. I let out a groan sitting up. I didn't sleep last night either. I couldn't stop thinking about the boys, girls, and Danny and me leaving them. Peter comes into the room.

"Hello princess." He mutters.

"Hi." I roll my eyes. He slaps me.

"You have fifteen minutes to prepare whatever you want for a five minute video you can post online. Five minutes. Tell them where you are, what your surroundings are, or...I don't care. It won't matter what you put up because all you will see is darkness after that. I suggest you do goodbyes." Peter explains pulling out a cigarette and holding it to my skin. My heart sinks. "What do you need to prepare?"

"Paper, pencil, and guitar." I list off.

"Why?" Peter furrows his eyebrows together.

"Would you rather me hit you with them?" I ask. He punches me square in the jaw.

"They will be down in five minutes. Don't go anywhere." Peter points.

"Where could I go?! I've been locked in this basement for over a f***ing month!" I yell. He punches me twice more before fleeing upstairs. Peter comes back down with the things I asked for.

"Fifteen minutes. Go." Peter throws the things on the bed and goes to stand in the corner. I snatch the paper and pencil quickly. I was writing lyrics and notes faster than anything.

Since Niall had taught me to play guitar and write songs I was flying through. The thought of my boyfriend makes tears swirl around in my eyes. I wasn't in pain from the punches, burns, and slaps. My heart was in pain from missing them so much.

"Time is up!" Peter yells.

"That was only five minutes." I tell him. He slaps me again then sets a laptop in front of me. It was already on YouTube and it was set up to upload. He presses record. Peter goes to the corner, still in view of the camera.

Looking at myself in the webcam horrified me. My face was covered in burns, scars, bruises, and scratches. That's why my eye is swelling shut! I also had a busted lip. All of my clothes were ripped into shreds.

"This is for my family. Harry, Zayn, Liam, Perrie, Danielle, Danny, Niall of course. But especially to my mum and dad, Eleanor and Louis." I say to the camera. Eleanor technically wasn't my mum, I know. I quickly pick up the guitar starting to play. I came up with the lyrics ever time I thought he would kill me and I have them memorized.

"I'm so glad, you made time to see me. How's life? Tell me how's your family. I haven't seen them in a while. You've been good, busier than ever. We small talk, work and the weather. Your guard is up and I know why. Cause the last time you saw me, is still burned in the back of your mind. You gave me roses, and I left them there to die. So this is me swallowing my pride, standing in front of you, saying 'I'm sorry for that night'. And I go back to December all the time. Turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you. Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine. I go back to December, turn around and make it alright. I go back to December all the time." I belt out the lyrics with pain clear in my voice. I couldn't help the fact I was starting to cry. I wasn't going to see them again. "These days I haven't been sleeping. Staying up playing myself leaving, when your birthday past and I didn't call." I did miss Harry and Danny's birthdays and almost Zayn's. "And I think about summer, all the beautiful times. I watched you laughing from the passenger side. Realized that I loved you in the fall." That was when I fell in love with Nialler. "Then the cold came, the dark days, when fear crept into my mind. You gave me all your love and all I gave you was goodbye. So this is me swallowing my pride, standing in front of you, saying 'I'm sorry for that night'. And I go back to December all the time. Turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you. Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine. I'd go back to December, turn around and change my own mind. I go back to December. I miss your tan skin," Harry. "your sweet smile," Zayn. "so good to me," Liam. "so right." Louis. "And how you held me in your arms that September night," Niall. "the first time you ever saw me cry." It wasn't the first time, but it was the first time when it wasn't over Peter. "Maybe this is wishful thinking, probably mindless dreaming. If we loved again, I swear I'd love you right." This line would be hardest on me. Thinking of the lyrics made the tears overflow. "I'd go back and time and change it, but I can't." My chest heaves up and down as I push forward. "So if the chain is on your door, I understand." I squeeze my eyes shut. "But this is me swallowing my pride, standing in front of you, saying 'I'm sorry for that night'. And I go back to December." Even though my voice was cracking with almost every word I had to finish. "Turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you. Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine. I'd go back to December turn around and make it alright. I'd go back to December turn around and change my own mind. I go back to December all the time. All the time." I place the guitar down.

"Goodbye." I wave slightly. Peter walks over. I look up at him, eyes flickering between his face and the computer which was still recording.

His hand reaches up to tie a cloth in my mouth. "Bite down." He demands. I do as he says. Peter pulls out a knife. A flash of pain hits me in the face and I suddenly felt nauseous. I am flipped onto my stomach. He rips my shirt off. My hands are tied behind my back. I feel a long cut down my spine. As he continues down my arms I manage to open my eyes which were getting heavy. 'I love you' I mouth before Peter makes a cut on my forehead causing me to pass out.