Part 30: What I've Learned and Three Words

As I walk into my room a week later my laptop rings. I walk over to it pushing the screen open. Niall was Skype calling me. I click accept and when I do I almost throw up.

"Hi Al!" Niall yells waving.

"H-hi." I slur, my eyes wouldn't go off of his family who were behind him.

"You alright?" Niall furrows his eyebrows together.

"Yeah." I lie trying to calm myself down. I sooo wasn't ready to meet his parents.

"You're lying." Niall crosses his arms. I roll my eyes. "We're gonna talk about that later. Anyway, this is me mum Maura and me dad Bobby."

"Hello." I work up the confidence to wave slightly.

"Hi!" They smile at me.

"ALLISON!" Danny screams from behind me. I flinch before looking over my shoulder.

"What?" I sigh.

"I wanna draw." Danny answers.

"In a minute." I shake my head.

"Niall!" Danny shouts running over. He jumps onto my lap.

"Oh, you're a big boy." I grunt. He laughs.

"Hi Niall!" Dan exclaims.

"Hi bud! How is Doncaster?" Niall asks him.

"Good." Danny replies.

"Well get off your sister before she loses circulation in her legs." Niall chuckles. Danny rolls off of me.

"ALLISON! WE'RE DOING A TWITCAM! COME ON!" Louis screams from downstairs.

"Duty calls." I laugh.

"I'll give you a ring later yeah?" Niall questions.

"Sounds good." I nod smiling. "Get your knee operation done."

"Bye!" Niall squeals, ignoring what I said.

"Bye." I respond.

"Love you." Niall tells me. I open my mouth to say something but Danny closes the computer.

=============================================================================

"What was going on when I Skyped you earlier? You seemed kind of worried." Niall frets sitting on the couch.

"I guess I was kind of freaked out about your parents there." I say.

"Awww." Niall coos. "I would have brought you out of the room if you told me."

"Oh well. It's over with now." I shrug. "Hey, sorry about earlier. Danny closed the laptop before I could say anything."

"Don't be. I didn't know if you would reply to that or not." Niall shakes his head. 

"I was going to." I reassure him, taking the laptop into Danny and I's room and sitting on the bed. "So how is it going in Ireland?"

"Good." Niall shrugs. "Family is 100% but I miss you so da** much."

"I miss you too." I blush looking down, avoiding eye contact with my boyfriend.

"Everything alright?" Niall raises an eyebrow.

"Yep." I nod. "Is everything alright? I know everyone is ok, but I am off by a mile. I don't feel like myself."

"You don't seem like yourself." Niall frowns.

"Yeah." I sigh, picking at my fingers.

"Are you excited for your first Christmas in eight years?" Niall smiles.

"Of course I'm excited!" I exclaim. I begin to rant on about everything.

*Niall's POV*

I smile wide as I change the subject. Allison immediately perks up at the mention of Christmas. As long as she was happy I didn't care what we were doing. If we were watching a ten hour documentary on how fish drink water...do fish drink water?

"Al, do fish drink water?" I tilt my head, wondering if my girlfriend knew the answer.

"Where did that come from?" Al laughs.

"I don't know." I lie.

"Not sure. Never really thought about it before." Al says.

"It's what you get for dating this hunk of hot." I joke.

"Niall if you want to keep that head, I suggest you not do that again." Louis grits through his teeth from behind Al.

"SHUT UP! THIS IS MY LOVE LIFE!" Allison screams pushing the door shut with her foot. "GOD DANG IT LOUIS!" I chuckle. "Anywayyy, get your knee fixed!"

=============================================================================

"Niall! Your girlfriend is doing a twit cam!" Greg yells from downstairs.

"COMING!" I scream at the top of my lungs, bounding downstairs. I throw myself across him to look at the laptop. He grunts.

"What have you learned since being with the boys?" Allison reads off the comments. "Niall get your knee fixed if you are watching, ok."

"You're crushing me." Greg groans.

"QUIET!" I hiss.

"I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things; a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life. I've learned that making a 'living' is not the same thing as making a 'life'. I've learned that sometimes life gives you a second chance that I so desperately needed. I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back. I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one." Al explains. Her voice was cracking slightly. Tears were prickling at her eyes. "I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. I've learned that I still have a lot to learn." A tear slips her eye and she immediately swipes it away. "But most of all I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." Then she clicks end.

Maya Angelou quote. The stuff I put in is in Italic.

"You taught her well." Greg smacks me on the back.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes before bolting into my room pulling out my phone. Dang it!!! The line is busy. Uuuggghhh. I am forced to wait five minutes until being put through. 

"Hi Niall." Allison sniffs.

"I have to tell you something!" I blurt out and slap my hand over my mouth, making a loud SMACK noise.

"What?" Al croaks.

"I-I um, I, uh, I just wanted to say that, I-I just, um." I blubber. I did this once! I can do it again! I take a deep breath to calm myself down. "I love you."

*Allison's POV*

Three words with a heck of a lot of meaning. I look over my shoulder to make sure no one is there. I face forward again with a smile. "I love you too." I manage to get out.