The Dove

We were too tired to travel anymore. We stopped and tied our horses. Kattappa started a fire and the servants cooked food as Avanthika monitered them. The soldiers sat in a group quite far from us. But I didn't know why they think they are not allowed to sit next to royals like us. Even Avanthika didn't discriminate which made me happy.

We reached a forest which didn't seem to have animals in it, so we rested. The food was ready... But, you know, food made from all edible leaves found in a forest won't taste that good. I gulped down my food in acceptance but Avanthika was poking at her food.  I went and nudged her to eat it, and she did. I'm not rushing it, but nothing that interesting happened that night to elaborate. Everyone slept under trees, once again reassuring there weren't any poisonous scorpions or animals.

.
.
.

It was morning but the thick forest cover didn't let much light in. Beams of light peeking through the leaves weaved into a beautiful net.

 Beams of light peeking through the leaves weaved into a beautiful net

All the nature was untouched and pure. The forest was surprisingly silent. No wind, animals or water. In the corner of my eye I noticed something moving. I quickly glanced. It was a dove! I thought this forests weren't  supposed to have any animals... It was flying towards me. As it came closer, I got a better view of it. It's wings were slightly pink. I suddenly got striked with realisation. "Its the royal dove!" I screamed. Everyone gasped. Avanthika and Kattappa came running towards me. I stood up and reached my hand into the air. The royal dove perched on my hand.

I looked into its eyes... remembering my past.

                             Flash Back

We went searching all across the Kingdom, looking for the supposedly reported most beautiful dove ever discovered. It's wings were pink and eyes sparkled. We had no intentions of hurting it. There was a rumour that it gets attracted to kind hearted people and stays their loyal companion. That breed was long extinct but a villager reported that he saw it. They say it's immortal, unless it is killed. Rumour also says that it can heal wounds magically, and can understand it's companion.

For months we searched. One day I saw a small bird on the ground injured. The minister suggested cooking it since we were short on food. But I took it into my hands, for it's eyes were so captivating. "No!" I replied. "We shall save this bird!".

The little brown bird in my hand suddenly started glowing. It turned into the beautiful dove we were looking for! It flew into my shoulder and rubbed it's cheek on my cheek. I looked at the minister, astonished! Even the minister's jaw dropped. From that day, the dove stayed my royal pet, the royal dove.

                     End of Flash Back

That was my story of finding my dove. Avanthika gasped louder. "You came this far? How did you know we were here?"

I gently patted it's head. It fluffed it's feathers. I  saw a tiny scroll tied to the dove's feet. "A message from mother!" I yelled. Everyone went silent, eager to listen. I untied the scroll and read it out aloud.

"Bāhu, I think you forgot to take you loyal companion with you. The bird didn't eat knowing you weren't here. We couldn't do anything so set it free with this message. I know it will find you. After all your hearts are connected!"

Everyone went back to their work. Avanthika took the bird from my hand. "So you want to come with us?" She whispered. The bird flew onto her arm, as if it was conveying a message. We took it as a "yes" and let it come with us.

We packed and got ready to leave. The soldiers teamed up. The servants held onto the supplies and bird cages. Me, Kattappa and Avanthika got onto our horses, and the dove stayed perched on my shoulder. We set of, once again resuming our journey.

           Yooo! Another AUTHOR'S NOTE

I gave the story a touch of magic. Because if witchcraft exists, magic must exist.

And I didn't find a picture of a dove which has pink wings. So I put a picture of a pink pigeon. 😅

This time I used complicated and fancy language. I usually use simple language because I want everyone to understand, but some people said simple language sounded too childish. So please give me your opinion. Should I stick with simple English? Or extremely sophisticated fancy English?
(Write in the comments below)

Bāhubali 3 : The After MathOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara