Dungeon Tales

"Uhhh now what?" Said Avanthika as the guards walked out slammed the door behind them.

"I don't know, but I'm not responsible!" I quickly replied.

She looked at me with absolute irritation. "Avanthika pls don't give me hard stares" I added. I could feel the tension in the air... growing stronger and stronger between us. Great. Now Avanthika thinks I'm responsible for us ending up in dungeon.

She sighed. "It's all because of you. You bought us here. And here we are. Locked up in a dungeon". She irritatetedly looked at the chains which tied her up.

"Don't say that! Look even I'm tied up. I truly don't know why our king did this. He used to be very kind!" I said as I tried moving in the chains that tied me up.

Avanthika once again gave me a death stare.
"Kind my foot.."

"Whatever..... I wonder what Bāhubali and Kattappa are doing in the other cell.

.
.
.

Kattappa tried breaking his chains as Bāhubali stayed still in deep thought.

"Don't struggle with the chains. They get tighter and tighter"

Kattappa sighed. "Why didn't you fight back when the guards were dragging us into the dungeon?"

Bāhubali replied "You see, this is the wizards kingdom. He does what he wants here. No use fighting. All their power together would dominate us. We are our numbered."

Kattappa nodded in agreement. "But why did they have to put us both in the same dungeon and put Avanthika and Shanthi together in a different dungeon?"

"So we won't plan any escape schemes."

.
.
.

Bāhu and Kattappa were put in a cell while Shanthi and Avanthika were put in a different cell.

Avanthika looked at Shanthi. "How many languages do speak?"

Shanthi rolled her eyes. "What kind of question are you asking at which time?"

"It's no use. We can't escape. I'm bored. So let's talk. So tell me how many languages do you speak?" Avanthika repeated herself.

"Three" she replied. "Telugu, Wizardian and Hindi. What about you?"

Avanthika replied "thirty two."

Shanthi gasped. "That's an awful lot of languages!"

"Yeah. As the future queen, it's actually a royal duty to learn a lot of languages."

"Ooh tell me more" said Shanthi with interest.

"A couple of Hindustani languages, A few foreign ones, and obviously Telugu."

"Wow!"

"Do you know Bāhu also taught me Morse code?"

Shanthi looked confused.

"You see, series of tapping to symbolise letters."

"Show me!" Shanthi said with eyes full of interest.

Avanthika managed to bring her hand near the wall and started tapping the wall. Tap tap tap taaap tap tap.

After a few seconds of tapping, Avanthika stopped. "And that means 'Hi! I'm Avanthika!'".

They both laughed.

Shanthi suddenly stopped. "Do you hear that tapping?"

Avanthika went silent. "I'm not tapping!"
A few moments of keen listening have passed. Avanthika gasped.

It's me Bāhubali!

.
.
.

"Do you hear that Kattappa?" Screamed Bāhubali.

"What?"

"Avanthika is trying to communicate with us using Morse code!"

Kattappa was confused. "What's that?"

Bāhubali closed his eyes and listened carefully.
"Hi... I is.. no no... Hi. I am Avanthika..."

"AHA!" Bāhu exclaimed with excitement. "It is Avanthika! She says 'Hi I am Avanthika!'.
I'll try to reply!"

Bāhu went towards the wall struggling in his chains and put his hand on the wall. He started tapping... Tap tap taaap tap tap.

He sent her a reply.

"What does it say?" Asked kattappa.

Bāhubali smiled. "It's me Bahubali".