Escape 101

Avanthika and Bāhubali talked for hours and hours using Morse code through the dungeon walls. They weren't exactly chatting, they were planning. Planning on escape.

.
.
.

"Oh do you think you can do me a favour by giving me some water?" Bāhubali said to the guard who came to patrol.

"Yeah sure." He said with the most monotonous voice ever and left the cell. He came back with a glass of water and handed it to Bāhubali. "My hands are tied with chains, how am I supposed to drink?" He angrily murmered. "Please hold the glass up."

The guard was disgusted. "Me? Hold a glass up to a prisoner? No way!" He quickly swooped out a key and unlocked only one chain tying one arm. He then handed the glass to him."Drink it yourself"

Bāhubali took the glass of water from the hands of the grumpy guard. He then splashed the water on the guard's face. The guard was fumbling unable to see. Bāhubali caught him with his arm and kicked the life out of the guard. The guard lay unconscious as Bāhu took the keys from his hands. He fumbled with the huge bunch of keys with a single hand managed to unlock his other arm.

All this time, Kattappa just stood there watching Bāhubali's intelligence. Bāhu swiftly freed Kattappa and rushed to the cell next to theirs. "I'm coming Avanthika."

.
.
.

"Do you hear that Shanthi?" I said.

"Yeah! From the cell next to ours!" She replied.

"Looks like Bāhu is up to something" I said as I carefully listened to the loud noises coming from Bāhu's cell. I leaned over and put my ear on the wall. I could say that Bāhu was speaking but couldn't make out what he was saying.

I heard my cell door creak open. I jumped. Oh no! It would be a problem if anyone knows I'm communicating with Bāhubali! I hurry burrily
ran next to Shanthi and stood there as if nothing ever happened. She sighed with relief. "Phew that was close"

The door opened. A tall figure slowly came in. That person leaned against the side of the door opening. I squinted my eyes. Maybe it's the king! A few moments later the person's face came into view. Black shabby hair, piercing sharp eyes, a small smile and a muscular body.

How could I be so dumb?! It's Bāhubali!

.
.
.

Bāhubali walked into the cell followed by Kattappa. Avanthika was just staring at him. "W-What are you doing here?!" She exclaimed.

"Aah! Don't you wanna get out of here?" He said sarcastically. "Ok fine I'll leave you here!"
He turned around and started walking away.

Avanthika gasped. "No no wait! Free me!"

Everyone started laughing except for Avanthika.

Suddenly they heard footsteps. "Hush!" Bāhu got alert. "We better get out now!"

.
.
.

Bāhu along with the others ran through the corridor lined with cells as their footsteps echoed.

Gasping for air, Avanthika asked "So, What's Esacape Plan A?"

Bahubali replied "I don't know! I thought YOU had a plan!"

"Well, we're doomed! What do we do now?"
Kattappa added, still running.

Avanthika rolled her eyes. "It's all your fault Bāhu!"

Shanthi interrupted. "You guys should stop quarreling! Can you just keep calm and think of something?"

The four continued running on and on,
in what seems to be an endless dark corridor.

The four continued running on and on,in what seems to be an endless dark corridor

"Any ideas?" Asked Shanthi

"Nope..."

Suddenly a person's shadow appeared. Bāhubali got a rush of adrenaline. "Shoot! Someone coming! Hide!".

Everyone got alerted and stopped where they were. They quickly scrambled behind the pillars.

The soldier continued walking towards their direction. No one dared to breathe. Their hearts were pounding. Half from the running and half from fear of being caught..

The soldier walked right past them. They stayed still till he was out of sight. They all gathered in a group once again.

"Phew! That was close." Shanthi sighed with relief. "Should we continue running?"

Bāhu shook his head in disagreement.
"Lets take a break. We need a plan."