The Escape

Bāhu was sitting on his throne talking to one of his ministers.

"Vakra Deva... It dosent look like a wise option anymore." said Bāhu

"You mean punishing Bijjaladeva?" Vakra Deva asked. "But he's getting what he deserves!  He's locked up in jail, being starved, whipped, beaten, and tortured!"

"That crook doesn't deserve to live. I think we should hang him." Bāhu said

VakraDeva sighed and nodded in agreement.

.
.
.

It was high noon. Bijjaladeva, The father of the most terrifying villain ever, climbed the stairs and approached the rope.

all the thousands of people crowded around him were screaming and cursing him.

Bāhubali walked across the platform Bijjaladeva was standing on. He took out a scroll and started reading it out aloud.

"As Bāhubali, The ruler of Māhishmathi, I am now declaring that Bijjaladeva, father of bhallāladeva, is now going to be hanged to death as punishment for helping his son overthrow the kingdom and also being involved in killing Amarendhra Bāhubali."

The crowd was still cursing as Bijjaladeva stood there yelling "You will pay for this! I will take revenge! I will not leave you alone!"

His head was put through the rope loop. Just as the lever was about to be pulled, A huge dust cloud emerged from the horizon.

The crowd for silent. The men in the watch towers blew their horns warning the citizens of the kingdom. A messenger came running and fell to his knees infront of Bāhu.

"Your highness, I have news, unknown attackers coming this way. We didn't know anything about them, I have sent patrolers on their horses to go there and bring us some information about them. But they never returned! Oh now it's all up to you!"

Bāhu narroeed his face.

"You shall not worry. "

But hardly did he knew that in a few seconds, hundreds of arrows would come descending upon them.

The crowd was shattered. Every one was screaming as Bāhu pulled out his sword deflecting all the arrows. But all the people were getting hit by the arrows.

The whole area got filled with clouds of dust. Nobody could see anything. A few minutes later the arrow shower stopped.

Everyone was confused. Bāhu coughed from the dust. The dust slowly disappeared. The crowd gasped.

Bāhu turned around and Bijjaladeva was nowhere to be found!
"Bijjaladeva escaped!" Shouted someone from the crowd.

Bāhu was in worry. "Nobody panic! We shall find Bijjaladeva and bring him here!"

.
.
.

I called in Kattappa into my room.

Kattappa bent to his knees infront of me. I told him to sit.

"Your Majesty, who would plan all of this to save Bijjaladeva?" Said Kattappa.

"Someone in our kingdom should have been involved in this. Let's find out tomorrow." I replied.

.
.
.

Bāhu was just casually walking across the palace corridors as he noticed a messenger walking past him. The messenger noticed Bāhu and started breathing heavily. Bāhu instantly stopped the messenger.

"Aren't you the same messenger from yesterday who reported about the unknown attackers?" He asked.

The messenger replied "Yes your majesty" with a quivering voice. "How may I help?"

Bāhu narrowed his eyes. "Oh nothing. I was just wondering if you can help me with the investigation."

"Y-Yes your majesty! I certainly will!"