The illness

Days have passed and the Kingdom of Māhishmathi was happy Despite the threat from Kamakuyachu. The citizens stopped caring and so did Bāhubali. Nayapalli was happy than ever, prosperous and rich. Avanthika was happy with her decisions and Bāhu was ruling gracefully. Kattappa continued to protect the Kingdom and also had an opportunity to visit his relatives!

But Avanthika's heath wasn't that good. From the day she went to Nayapalli, she was having headaches and sudden weird sensations of piercing needles on her body.

.
.
.

Avanthika was teaching kids sword play as I watched from a distance. The sunlight reflecting of her sword creating a beautiful rainbow, her graceful movements and gentle talk with the kids always melt my heart. I couldn't believe this magical princess was going to be Bāhu's wife.

Her expression was smart. She had emotionless eyes with a small smile which was actually very nice. She has the same look every time she gets hold of a sword.

She was doing some sword tricks with her hands as suddenly the sword dropped from her hand and she fell to the ground. The children were screaming. I rushed to her only to see her face in pain.

"What happened!" I screamed, my eyes full of worry.

"I-I don't kno-" and she blacked out completely.

.
.
.

I couldn't tell if I had my eyes closed or open. Everything was dark. I was able to hear someone whispering but couldn't make out what they were saying.

"Where am I?" I groaned.

"Oh! Your up!" I heard next me. "Wait a second"

The person grabbed something. It was a lantern, and turned a nob on it as the flame got bigger. The light illuminated the whole room. It was the Rajmata, Devasena. Next to her sat Bāhu, staring at me eyes full of worry.

"What happened?" He asked.

"You suddenly collapsed on the ground!" Said Rajmata.

I realised what just happened. "oh! That! It's nothing! forget about it!'

Bāhu glared at me. "Wait, did you just lie to me?"

"No no no no no! I'm perfectly fine! Look!" I stood up and jumped twice to show them I was 'Fine'.

I quickly swiped out of the room before they could catch me.

.
.
.

I searched the whole palace. I sent the servants to look for Avanthika. How could she run away from me? Why did she lie?! I was worried.

I couldn't think of a place where I could find her. But then it hit me. The garden! The palace garden! I rushed to that spot only to find Avanthika sitting on a rock twirling flowers.

I slowly went and sat next to her. "So tell me. What worried you so much that you lied to me."

"Oh nothing" she started sweating. She stood up and tried leaving. "Can you just leave me alone?"

I grabbed her arm and pulled her back. I was angry. Angrily worried. I repeated the same sentence.

Her eyebrows drooped. Her voice started to quiver.

"C'mon tell me" I added.

She looked at me and started to sob. She embraced me in her arms.

"Bāhu, I'm ill. And I'm going to die..."