Locked up

(Edited)

Penelope's POV

My mouth was gagged and my head covered in a sheet. I sat in a car, and that's all I know. I remember waiting and watching Cole grab things off the shelves outing them in a bag but everything went black. My head hurt. I was about to bring my hand up to it but that is when I realized my hands were tied together and held down by something beside me. "Don't try anything", someone groaned next to me. It was a hard, rusty voice that sent chills down my back. "W-who are you? What do you want from me?", I ask trying to stay calm from my beating heart. Which was hard from the sudden fright I got. "Shut up", he said annoyed. I did as told and said nothing. When the car came to a stop I was pulled out of the car almost falling. Catching myself in time I try to keep pace with the person dragging me. "Hurry up", called the guy again. A little while of walking and I was suddenly pushed to my knees. The sheet over my head was pulled off making me close my eyes from the bright sun. It just added to the pain of my head. When I finally looked up I saw a group of all men standing around me. My heart beated faster with every second. A guy spoke up, "I have not seen a girl in weeks". He had blonde hair that was cut short. His narrow blue eyes scared me, and his clothes looked clean and new. Walking closer to me he leaned down to my height with a sickening smile on his face. Taking the gag from my mouth he looked me up and down. "What's your name cupcake", I said nothing to his questions. Only stared at him as he looked at me as if I was a piece of meat. When he notice I was not going to say anything a smirk came to his face, "stubborn girl aren't you". He said only a few inches from my face. I was tempted to spit on his face for looking at me the way he was but didn't because I knew it was a bad idea. The guy licked his lips before saying, "take her to the cells". He stood up and started to walk away. Pulling me up by chains on my hands a guy lead me down a corridor that lined with cells not bigger than a bathroom stall. Each one we passed held a person each looking half dead. There eyes widened every time they saw me, each looking me up and down as I passed them. We stopped at an empty cell and the guy unlocked it. I now noticed what the guy looked like. He had brown almost black hair and blue eyes. His jaw was sharp and his muscles popped out of his shirt. He was bigger than Cole, but not by much. When he opened the cell he never looked me in the eye instead he unlocked my wrists and locked the cell. He walked away soon after. Looking around I saw a small bed that looked big enough for a toddler and a small toilet in the corner. I wanted to cry, but I knew that would just make things worse for me. So instead I sat on the bed and brought my legs up to my chest. Looking across the hall I noticed a guy sitting and staring at me. He was in his late 40s his hair half Grey half brown. Eyes were too dark with lust for me to see what color they were. It made me even more uncomfortable to be here with this guy staring at me. Why do I feel like a piece of meat, and everyone is starving. That is when it hit me and I remembered what that guy said, 'I haven't seen a girl in weeks'. Great. All these men are looking at me because they are sexually frustrated. Laying my head down on my knees I considered crying again. And my mind said yes. Hot tears rolled down my face landing on my jeans with a splash. Why was this happening? And where was Cole? Is he one of them and was sent to find people? I stopped thinking when I heard a click of a door opening. Looking up I saw the guy again who put me in here. He looked at me and then down the hall. What was he doing, please don't be what I think it is. The cell opened and he motioned with his head to follow him. I did as told and followed him down the hall passed all the men again. We walked up a spiral staircase up to a beautiful room. The walls were white and gold, and the furniture matched. There was a balcony with a view of the city that must have been great to have before the world went to shit. Sitting in a desk was the blonde haired creep with a book in hand. The cover read 'the raven'. "Sit", he says to me gesturing to the chair in front. The man that brought me in left without a word. Silence crept in as I stared at him intently. Waiting for him to say something. "You probably have questions for me", I said nothing. "Well I'm going to guess one of them is about that boy of yours", my shoulders tensed at the mention of Cole. Making the man laugh. "He is getting ready to be put in a cell as we speak", he smiles. 'Getting ready' I was about to say but my mind stopped before I could. "You are a rather pretty girl", he told me making me tense up more than I already was. "Well giving that the world is deprived of girls, I'm very lucky to have found a pretty one", I just stared at him not saying a word. He laughed. "Still not speaking", he stated. "Okay well", he said pausing to stand up. "If you are not going to speak I might as well take you back to your cell", he says. "Isaac", he yelled out making the guy come back again. He stood next to me as the blonde said, "take her back to her cell". He nods before taking a hard grip to my arm and takes me to the cell. When we get there he lets me in before closing the door and walking away. Walking to the bars I look as he walks his way out a door. "Pen", asked a questioning voice. Looking to my left I see Cole sitting on the floor on the other side of the cell. A smile comes to my face from seeing him, safe. But then it disappeared when I remembered that a guy was just in that cell. What happened to him? "Cole, what's going on", I whispered. His face was full of worry as he looked at me. He said nothing and just looked at me. I could feel myself going to cry because I knew what he was thinking. We were not getting out of here. "I'm sorry I brought you here, to the city", he said looking down and back up to me. His eyes were glossy. The view made me feel a tear fall down my cheek as I sat on the ground by the bars. "I'm scared", I whispered so low that I barely heard it. "I know", he said.