Killed and captured

(Edited)

The next morning I opened my eyes to see the fire was out and jack was licking my face. I pushed his face away and turning over. But of course he found my face again and started licking. Smiling I say, "alright, I'm up". Jack backed up a little for me to stand up. When I was fully standing I walked into the bathroom with jack next to me. I leaned on the sink looking myself in the mirror. My eyes are darker then before the dead started walking. My lips lost their color. More freckles covered my face from the amount of sun time I have. My hair never leaves the ponytail I always have it in. And my clothes are longer and torn. Yawning I push jack out the door so I can go to the bathroom. When I was done jack sat outside the door waiting. I smiled and patted his head before heading to my coat. Slipping it on I also grab my bag and knife. Jack whimpered at me having me look at him. "Want to come", his tongue hung out in response. We left the house into the snowy white land. At least a foot of snow sat on the ground. Growing I started to walk through it. Jack stepped in my remade footsteps behind me. Walking down the road I followed it till I was in sight of the lake. Hopefully it was not frozen over yet. When I got there my face warmed up with happiness because fish swam all through it, no ice on top. Walking around it I find my trap and look inside. Inside was 4 salmon and a sunfish. I placed my bag on the ground and took out my plastic bag from inside and filled it up with the fish. When they were fully closed in the bag I throw the trap back into the water for tomorrow. I turn to see jack looking at the road. "What is it", I ask him. His right ears lifts as a noise starts to come down the road. Panicking I run behind a group of trees with jack following. Soon a plow truck comes down the road slowly with 3 men sitting inside it. There windows were down and music blasted out. The one driving throw a beer bottle out the window having it smash a couple of feet in front of us. I held jack between my legs to make sure he doesn't move. But giving that he is such a big dog he could easily get out if he wanted. They started laughing in the truck as they finally got out of sight. As soon as I couldn't see them I let jack go and started to make my way back to the house. I followed the now plowed road back. But stopped by the trees when I see the door to the cabin open. Jack followed me through the trees as I went around the house. The back windows were open as was the back door. A man stood in the back yard yelling at someone on the walkie talkie. His hood was up so I couldn't see him. I pulled my hood up and held jack down so they would less likely to see us. "No, I want you to search. Someone was here not long ago. I want them killed or captured", my breath hitched. The coals from the fire. Dang it. "Yes sir", the other line said before it went static. He sighed before turning around to the woods. My eyes widened at who it was. I wanted to smile and run, but also from what he said I'm scared to. He reached into his pocket pulling out a letter he opened it reading it. His face got angry and happy. Out of nowhere jack got up and ran to him pulling me from my place and landing on the ground. Lifting my head jack stood in front of me with the boy holding his neck skin. He grabbed my arm and pulled me up and held my shoulders letting jack go. "Pen is it really you", he said. I smiled at him and said, "hi....".