Baby girl

(Edited)

Cole and Isaac have been weirdly quiet. Yeah I know, they don't talk to each other when I'm in the room. But they still talk to me. But none of them said a word. I bit my lip standing up. Cole looked up from his booklet and Isaac looked up from the gun he was cleaning out. Totally different activities. "I'm going to go outside", I say to them pointing to the door. Both seemed to jump at that saying, "I will come". Laughing I shake my head at them both. "By myself", with that I left through the door into the humid air. After the rain stopped it just became wet and hot. I walk to the porch swing that sat by the window. They could see me there. I had a feeling they would feel better seeing me when I'm out here alone. It's like I'm a kid at the park. Sitting down I start to rock back and forth with my legs. The seat was wet from the rain but I really don't care at this point. I needed to get out of the house, it was too much tension for me to handle. The area around the house was sad looking. Cars on there side, bodies lying on the ground motionless, newspapers laying stuck from rain to the tar. This place must have looked great when it was not like this. Cars must have came and gone every hour of the day. Before all this happened, and people started acting like animals. I guess I should say guys because I have not seen one girl since this started. Kinda weird to think about though. I could be the only girl in the world. The only one to repopulate the world. Humankind is fucked. Just a couple of weeks ago I was in school. Worked at the car shop every week. Made dinner for my mom every night. Talked to Troy everyday at lunch and dinner. What a change huh. There is no school, no car shop, no mom, and no Troy. Just me, a green eyed boy and a blue eyed boy. What a life I have. No family. They're all gone. This world is just a wasteland for the crazies to survive and the sane to die in a ditch. "I'm going out to look for supplies", I turn my head to look at Cole. His jaw was clench and eyes were dark green. I nodded at him making him stomp off. Not long after Isaac came out and stood in front of me. "Can I sit", I nod at him and kept looking forward. Silence takes over us. "I need to leave", I look over to him with my mouth hanging open. "You're not going back are you", I ask. Shaking his head he says, "no, I'm not welcome there anymore". I nodded but didn't look away. "Why are you leaving", I ask him quietly. Without saying anything he looks forward. Nodding again I say, "it's Cole isn't it". He said nothing but I could tell when he looked over to me. "Please don't leave, I don't want you out there alone", I say turning my body to face him better. "I need to baby girl", his nickname for me made me stop. My heart beated faster at the sound of it. Grabbing his hand I look down at it. Why was I feeling these emotions for a guy I just met. "Don't leave me", I say not looking up at him. Just kept looking at the hand I held. I played with his fingers and looked at the scarred knuckles he had. By now I could tell he was looking at me. Probably expecting something added to what I said. But I said nothing. I felt like I wanted to cry, but held back. He didn't need anymore of a guilt trip to stay. His hand closes around mine making me finally look up. His eyes were shut as he looked to the ground. "What if I never see you again", I say to him. His face becomes soft at my words only making it worst for me to hold back. "Come with me", he says. Not opening his eyes once. If I left with him, I would be leaving Coal behind. Shaking my head closing my eyes this time. "I can't, I can't", each time I said it got lower and my voice became more wobbly. His hand squeezes mine. "I don't know what to do then", his voice was husky but soft. Leaning forward I wrap my arms around his neck in a hug. He does the same with his arms wrapped around my waist. Pulling me to his lap he snuggles his face into my neck. His breath was hot and wet. Like the weather. "We will meet again", he says when we pull away after a good 5 minutes. Nodding we both stand up. He collects his stuff, which was his gun and knife. I gave him the can of soup and beans to go with him. He wanted to say no but I told him to do it anyways. We were on the porch now, his bag hanging over one shoulder. The tears were falling and I could feel them. I didn't seem to care though. His hand touches my face wiping away the salt water, but it stays there as he looks all over my face. "Don't forget me", I say with a smile. He lets out a small laugh as he says, "I couldn't if I tried to baby girl". My lip quivered. That nickname. It made my heart swell and hurt at the same time. It made me want to cry and smile at the same time. To run away from him and jump on him at the same time. With that he let go of my cheek and smiled one last time before walking away. I was tempted to yell his name. To run to him. But I did nothing as I stood there, eyes watering. Even when his figure was not longer in view I stood there feeling his hand on my face. The sound of his voice. The birthmark on his perfect jaw line. Those blue eyes that could kill a person. And his brown/black curly hair. And how they bounced when he walked. Did I make the wrong choice staying here? Because I felt like I did.