Leave

(Edited)

"Morning", said Isaac as he got out of his room. I sat at the table with a glass of water. Looking away from the window I smile at him and say, "how did you sleep". He shrugged as he filled a glass with water. Nodding I took a sip from my glass. "Am I working with you today", I ask him as he leans on the counter. "Yeah", he tells me drinking. Why does it feel awkward between us?

His back showed on the cameras as I chewed on a piece of bread I got this morning for breakfast. He was passing out food to the cells. My legs laid on the desk in front of me and my eyes glued to the image of Isaac. All day I just kept replying the dream and last night. His eyes flashed through my head, the want they showed. I know I needed to stop thinking it but I couldn't. Taking another bit of the bread I see him coming back. Sighing I lean in my chair as I hear the door shut when he enters. "Anything new", he asks. I shake my head not looking away from the monitors. 5 minutes pass and I find myself checking over at him more than a normal amount. "You alright", he asked with a laugh when I look over again. Clearing my throat I say, "fine". "Don't lie", he says. Taking a deep breath I say, "I'm tired is all". He nods without saying anything. With that we were back to the silence.

Dinner came and we left to the cafeteria. I have not been back here since the incident with the guy and his hand on my butt. Isaac has been bringing food up for me, and I was thankful. But I needed to do things for myself. We enter, and like last time all eyes go to me. But instead of having my head hang low I keep it up. The real reason I wanted to come in here today was for the slight chance I could see Cole. "You seem on a mission", Isaac comments beside me. "That is because I am I say with a smile as I got in line. When I got the tray I waited for Isaac to get his. But as I was waiting I felt a hand pull me to the side. I was about to hit them but I stopped when I saw who it was. There in front of me with a freshly clean shaven face. A black shirt and jeans stood Cole. "Pen", a smile comes to his face. Without any warning I slap him. "I deserve that", he says rubbing the spot. A second later Isaac stood next to me placing a hand on my waist. "We need to head back", he told me with a piercing look down on me. Nodding I turned with him leaving Cole there. When we were back in the apartment I dropped my tray on the table and sat down without saying anything. It was true, he did trade me. Not going to lie, I didn't expect it not to be true but knowing it for a fact and thinking it are different things. I went to bed early and just layed there for a good hour. No dreams came tonight which was great but when I woke up in the middle of the night was not. A hand was on my mouth so I couldn't let any noises out. Green eyes and brown hair stood over me with his finger on his mouth telling me to be quiet. After a minute he slowly lifted his hand. I just stared at him as I sat up in the bed. I was wearing a tank top and underwear again. Guess it was my sleep clothing now. Slowly he sat in front of me. The only light in the room was coming from the moon that showed through the window. "I'm glad you are safe", he smiled at me. My eyes narrowed on him, "says the one who traded me for their safety". His smile fades as he looked at me. "I made that choice for the both of us, for our safety", he stated. A bitter laugh comes out of me as I say, "yeah sure, the only reason I gave into them was to not have you hurt. And by the way I rather die in a cell then betray someone". "I did this for you, you would have gotten raped in there. These people are not good people Penelope. Girls are not treated equal they are treated as sex slaves", he yell whispers. Hugging my legs to my chest I say, "I can handle myself". He huffs standing up, "you are so stubborn". Putting a hand through his hair he walks around the room. He pauses looking at the door, his arms fell to his sides. "That's it isn't it", he say turning to me. "You like him, you don't want to believe me because you are in love with your spy", he says pointing at the door. When he saw my confused face he laughed, "guess the cat's out of the bag huh". "I don't know what you are talking about", I tell him standing up. "Gage told him to spy on you", he said still at the door. Wrapping my arms around myself I looked down at the floor. I felt I was going to be sick. Walking closer to me he put his hands on my shoulders and said, "who are you going to trust, a guy you just met or the one who has been with you for months". Looking up at him I stared at his eyes before saying, "I don't know anymore". With that his jaw clenched and his hands fell to his sides. "You and now him, I just can't take this anymore", I said backing up. "Penelope, you know me. You are a mission to him", he says low. A tear falls from my eye as I try to process everything. He walked over and whips it away. "Can you please go", I say through tears. "Tell me when you are ready to talk", was all he said as he left the room. When the door shut I couldn't help the sob that come from my mouth. I can't be here with these people anymore. I needed to leave. Being here will just make me suffer, make me want to die. And I can't have that, so I'm leaving.

-------------------
Today is my birthday and I wanted to put a big chapter on today but of course I pre did the chapters and could not do that with out putting like 10 chapters up. So here is the one I have. I made pre made chapters because of my birthday, being that yesterday I became an owner of a baby bunny names Ruby. So I want to put a lot of attention to her, and get her trained to things.

 So I want to put a lot of attention to her, and get her trained to things

SJ