Our escape

(Edited)

I grabbed my clothes off the bed as I laugh at the juice from the apple falling from his lips. He wiped it away with his sleeve as I leave to the bathroom again. I drop the towel as soon as the door shut and start to get into my new clothes. "There is a meeting tonight", Isaac yelled through the door. "Do I need to go", I yelled back in a whiny voice. He laughed and replied, "kinda". I finished putting my clothes on and looked myself in the mirror. I picked a shirt with the group of 5 seconds of summer on it and a pair of shorts that landed a bit high. Throwing my hair into a bun I walk out to be scared again. Isaac stood beside the door with an apple core in his hand. I jump making him laugh and pull me to him. His hands were placed on my hips as he walked backwards to the bad. When he got there he fell backwards having me fall on top. "Isaac", I yell as we fell. He laughed again making me laugh with him. From being tired of the day I lay my head on his chest hearing his heartbeat. Only making me happier to hear it. "I'm tired", I mumbled. He starts to pet my hair making me close my eyes. "I know baby girl", he says. I smile at the name and wrap my arms around his waist. A speaker in my room goes off saying, 'outside group meeting starts in one hour, all in that group must be present'. I whine before sitting up finding myself straddling Isaac's waist as he laid down. "I don't want to go", I tell him. He sits up only a couple inches away from my face and says, "no one does". I smile and lean in to his lips. He reacts fast by kissing back and placing his hands on my hips. My hands go around his neck. Soon his hands go around me into a hug pulling me closer to him. No space was between us at this point. When his lips left mine they went to my neck. He kissed down it stopping as a spot I tensed up at. At that spot he bit the skin sending tingles through me. He held it bringing his tongue crossed it a couple of times before he let go and kissed the spot again. I was biting my lip holding back sounds that my body wanted to let out. He slowly kissed back up to my face and my lips kissing me before we pulled away to look at each other. His eyes were big and full of want and care. I rubbed his cheek with my hand watching as his eyes close and lean into my hand. I smile at him remembering the first night in the city group. Of how I had those dreams and woke up screaming. Isaac held me that night telling me that everything was going to be alright. He slept with me that night too, but was gone when I woke up. From that night Isaac has been a safe feeling for me. Making me feel things will be fine in the end. Blue eyes looked back at me. Searching my face. "What are you thinking about", he asked with a small smile. I laugh and say, "the first night in that room". He smiles bigger knowing what I was talking about. "You were so scared", he says. I nodded and started to stand up. When I was fully up I walked and turned the bathroom light off before I headed to the living room. Isaac followed close behind sitting on the couch with me when I did. We sat in silence trying to come up with something to say. Finally my mind came to a choice and I said, "those dreams were half memories". I say as I fiddled with my fingers in my lap. "My life has never been cupcakes and rainbows", I say not wanting to look up at him. But inside I knew I needed to tell someone. My whole life I kept it in and never talked about it. "My dad died of cancer a while ago. But I felt happy about that. I shouldn't have but I did", I say holding in tears of the memories I'm going to share. Taking a deep breath I say, "in my dream that night the first thing I saw was a memory of me in my bed and my father stumbling in drunk". Isaac's hand lands on my hands comforting me to go on. "I lost a lot to my father...but I needed to do it for my mom not to be hurt", I could feel the tears remembering my mom's face as he punched her. "I didn't want to do it, I didn't even feel my first time because he drugged me", I say taking Isaac's hand in mine. I laughed through my tears thinking of my school. "And school, they thought I slept with the teachers because I had such good grades", I say remembering how Troy stayed with me even when people started making fun of him for being my friend. When I was finished talking isaac started to. "I never knew my mom", I looked up at him seeing his glossy blue eyes. "She left when I was young to be with another family. My dad was the one that raised me", he states. He clears his throat before saying, "he became aggressive after mom left, use to hit me for every little thing I did wrong". I watched as his face became rough at the thought. "There was a point where I just broke and I ran, I came up to New York for a new life but that never really worked out", he says smiling at me. I rested my head on his shoulder still holding his hand. We both had hard lives before this, this apocalypse could be our escape.