Don't be afraid

(Edited)

"Trust me this time, all you need to do is hit it in the head, hard", Said Cole in my ear behind me. In my right hand I held a knife I was given from him. In front of me was one of those things tied to a tree. It was a man with his right hand bitten. "Okay", I say to him before walking a little closer to the man. Taking the knife in both my hands I lift my arms and go down into the head of him. When I saw that he was not moving anymore I smiled turning around to face Cole, "I did it". He nods walking to the dead man and takes the knife out of its head. He then wipes the blade on his pants and hands it to me. "Yes you did", he says walking back to the cabin. I follow right behind putting the knife in my belt loop. "Did I do good", I ask as we walk past trees in the woods. "Could have been better, but you did better than I thought you would be", He says smile at me when I stand next to him. "I told you I could handle it, I dealt with worst things", I tell him. I could feel his eyes on me as I looked straight ahead. When we got to the cabin I sighed and went and layed on the couch. "What do we do now that we finished practice", I ask him from the couch. He walks over to the couch and sits on the arm. He shrugged at me. I sit up so I was now facing him. "Do you think Troy would come back", I asked. I knew he would say no, because he had been saying that since he got here. "I don't know sweetheart", he says looking down at his hands. I sigh, I gotta face facts. "You don't need to lie", I say. He tilts his head for me to continue. "I want to have faith that he is ok, but seeing those things and being up close to them. I don't see how I can after 3 days of waiting", I say wrapping my hand around the lightning bolt. Cole faces his hands again, probably not know what to say or do. After a minute I got off the couch and went to the kitchen.

A few days have passed and me and Cole's relationship has been the same, well whatever that was before. He leaves every morning before I wake up. But there is always something to eat in the kitchen made from him. Troy still has not come back, and to be honest, I don't expect him to. It has been 2 weeks without Troy, I don't feel that he is coming back for me. Cole and me go out every afternoon for practice. I'm getting pretty good. We use different weapons to see which I work better with. I found that the bow was my favorite. I can use it from far away and close up, and Cole says that it is better to have a silent weapon then one that would attract things we don't want. The door opened to revile Cole in a gray long sleeved shirt and black jeans. He had his same backpack over his right shoulder. Before he got here I changed into a tank top with a blue flannel over it, and Bleached jeans. He didn't say anything as he went straight to the back door. I just watched as he did this with a new book in my hand. He locked the door and then went to all the windows locking and covering them up with the curtains and blankets lying around. From the amount of time I have known Cole I have found that he has these moods that change very quick. Like one moment he acts like he dislikes me and uses sweetheart as an insult. But then he is kind and uses sweetheart like a sweet gesture. Then there are times where he is all serious and won't even talk, like right now. "Cole", I said as he started to put the next blanket over the window. When he didn't answer I sighed and rolled my eyes. I sat down the book and repeated, "Cole". He still didn't answer. When he started to walk by where I sat I grabbed his arm making him stop. He turned to me with his serious expression and yanked his arm out of my hands. He continued to cover the windows in the entire house till the house was almost completely dark. I reached over to the side table and grabbed the flashlight hitting it a couple times before it turned on. I got up going to find Cole in the dark house. "Cole", I say walking into the kitchen. He was not there but I could here a, "Shh", from behind me. I turn and point the flashlight to see Cole. He shuts his eyes from the brightness. "Cole what is going on", I ask still pointing the light at him. "You need to be quiet", He whispered. The flashlight went out covering the room in complete darkness. I guess I should say it, the dark is one of the things I'm terrified of. I whacked the light against my thigh trying to get it back on, I did that till my leg hurt so much and Cole grabbed my hand. "Stop, You're hurting yourself", he whispered. My breathing was heavy from both freaking out and the workout I did in my arm. Cole grabbed both my arms and lead me somewhere, It was too dark to tell. He sat me down and I noticed it was the bedroom. He closed the door and I started to freak out even worse. What was he going to do to me? I started to back up on the bed till my back hit the headboard. "Penelope, calm down", I didn't do what he asked and just freaked out even more. I hid my face in my knees. I heard a match be lite but I still did not look up. I'm terrified. "Pen", I feel him place his hand on my shoulder. I look up fast and move. That is when I noticed he lit a candle on the bed side table. I looked over at him and he seemed a little shocked and scared from my reaction. I calmed down a little and slowed my breathing as I pulled my knees up to my chest. One, two, three minutes go by and I say, "I'm sorry". I was staring at the door. He didn't say anything. Another minute goes by and he finally says something. "Are you okay", I nod and look over to him he was looking at me. I could tell he was concerned and he wanted me to tell him why I was freaked out. Because think, if a random girl started to bang a flashlight against her thigh and had a panic attack when you shut the door to a bedroom you would ask. "I'm sorry", I say again. His eyes glisten in the flickering light. He sits on the bed next to me, looking down at his hands. I let go of my legs and crawled over in front of him. He looked up when I sat cris cross. I wanted to explain why I acted like that but I was not ready. Not ready to tell my story. "I'm sorry", I say again not knowing what to say. His hand goes up to my face and wipes about tears that I did not know were there. "It is okay sweetheart", he smiled. I smiled back wiping the rest of the tears off my face.