Betrayed

(Edited)

The next day I woke up to an empty bed. I sigh and grab a couple pieces of clothing out of the dresser and putting them on. It was a jumper. Blue, long sleeves with my legs covered. I walk out into the living rooms to see no one. Isaac's door was wide open with no one inside. He must have left. So I just sat on the couch and didn't do anything. There is not much to do. We are in the zombie apocalypse after all. An hour passes and the door finally opens to show an irritated Isaac. He slammed the door shut and went straight to his room without a word. Turning around i watch as he walks back and forth around his room. He then stops and heads back into the living room where he finally sees that i was there. Sighing, he calmed himself down and sat on the couch next to me. I was tempted to ask him what happened, but I didn't want to intrude. Instead he says, "You are going to work with me today". I nodded. His head was in his hands, and wearing the leather jacket he always wears. I could smell cigarette smell coming from him with a mixture of ash. "What exactly is the work", I ask. His head lifts up and looks at me. "Cell duty", his voice calm, making me think of last night. "Ok", i nod looking away from his stare. His eyes keep playing in my head and reminds me of my dream of him. With his arms wrapped around me and his breath on my neck. I needed to stop. "We will be leaving then", he asked me looking at my outfit. Seeing that I changed already I nodded. He stood up and I did the same walking behind him out the door. As we walked down the familiar hall way I could not help the guilt coming to me again. Last time I walked down here I traded Cole for a better life with these people. "Listen..", said Isaac standing next to me as we walked. "There is a couple things you should know before getting into the cells", his voice had a hint of caution. "What is it", I ask making him stop me. Facing me he says, "They moved your friend to another place". My mouth fell open, where did they do to him? Isaac sensed my worry and said, "He was moved to his own room. I found out this morning that he agreed to join us before you did". swallowing the lump in my throat I looked to the floor. I wanted to cry, scream. But I didn't because it would only make things worst. I should have never left those cells, no wonder Cole looked at me like that when I left. He knew what they were asking me and he was a part of the plan to get me in this dumb ass group. And he gets his own place, probably treated like royalty for getting a girl in the group. I huft, Isaac saw how pissed I was and nodded. He must have know the deal I made with gage and understood why I would be mad. Without saying a word we kept going to the cells. "All we do here is give them food and watch the monitors", he told me when we got to a room full of screens. Each pointed into a different cell and 2 were pointed down the hall. "Were you the one watching me", I asked when I remembered the camera moving. Shaking his head he said, "Gage made me put a camera in your cell to watch you". Slowly I nodded. At least my roommate was not stacking me. Pointing to a gray computer chair he said, "You can watch the monitors, I will pass out the food". I sat and watched as he left the room. My eyes watch the cameras as he enters through a screen named C1. In his hands are about ten plates in hand. Each looked gross. They had slop and a piece of stale bread. He gave each cell a plate and came out of the camera's view. Seconds later he enters the room with me again, shutting it behind him. Taking a chair from the corner of the room he sets it beside me and sits. We both say nothing, I was thinking about Cole too much to think of anything to talk to him about. "Does that happen a lot around here", I ask making him look away from the cameras. "What", his blue eyes curious. "Tricking people, Gage obviously used Cole to get me", I paused looking at my hands. When he said nothing I looked up to him, "It is not like we knew each other well anyways, I just didn't want people getting hurt because of me". His eyes searched mine as we stared at him. "Yes", he said after a minute. "They use a person in someone's group to try and get another person in it", he tells me without showing any emotion. "And to think I worried about him sleeping in a cell", I laughed trying to lighten the mood. "Is that what you were thinking last night, when you woke up", I sighed. I thought of the image of Cole locked in chains as he yelled at me with dark green eyes. Closing my eyes I say, "Partly, but not fully". "What was the other part", he asked turning so his body faced me. Something in the way he looked at me got me to talk. "It started with my dad, then my mom. After that I was running through the woods yelling for my friend", I paused. "Then I saw Cole locked in chains and he yelled at me for leaving him there, then..", I stopped myself from talking anymore. He didn't need to know that I dreamed of him and how I liked the feeling of his breath on my neck. "You don't need to tell me anymore if you don't want", he says placing a hand on my shoulder. His face turned soft, showing how young he was. Before he looked 24 with his built and hard face. But now with his features soften I could see he looked about 19. "How old are you", I asked. He said nothing for a minute, "I'm 20". I nodded because I was pretty close. "How old are you", he asked me. "18", I state looking at my hands. I have been 18 for a couple months now, giving that a week and a half of being in this thing was my birthday. We didn't talk much after that. Just stared at the monitors and gave food out when we were told to.