No one looks at penelope

(Edited)

I smiled at him and said, "hi Troy". He pulled me into a hug making me do the same. I always thought if I saw Troy again that I would be happy but something feels so off. He pulled away and took his gloves off. He brought his hand to my cheek and felt my warmth as he pushed my hair out of my face. Jack whimpered to me making me look down. I pat him on the head before going back to Troy. "The letter said you left with a guy", he asked confused. I looked down and sighed. "Things got so complicated", I told him as my mind went to Cole and Isaac. He nodded as we walked inside. Jack followed me closer than before. "Where have you been", I asked. Smiling hugely he said, "I made a group for us, it took a while". I nodded back. "I made us a place that is safe, away from things that can split us up", I wanted to smile but what I heard him say made me uncomfortable about who this group is. I mean if the group is those people in the plow truck then I would be current. "Where is it", I ask. "Not far, but we need to leave now", he says as he smiles grabbing my hands. I hesitated before nodding. I just got him back I can't leave him. And if it is safer than here maybe it will be great. "That's my Penelope", he kisses my forehead before taking my hand leading me to his truck out front. Jack followed close. Troy opened the passenger door for me but before I got in I opened the back to let jack in. When he was in I got in next. About 10 minutes and a building comes into view making me laugh. It was a mall. "Your safe place is the mall", I laugh. Troy smiles and replies, "it has its own electricity, heat, and security cameras". I said nothing because it reminded me of the group in the middle of the city. Jack sat with his head resting on my shoulder. It was comforting. He pulls into the garage of a auto shop connected to the mall. Going in a look around to see about ten men working on trucks to motorcycles. Troy and I stepped out of the truck and all eyes land on me. And as usual lust filled them. I opened the back door and let jack hop out. That made a couple of eyes land on the dog. I guess me and jack are the new it around here. Troy came to the other side of the truck to stand with me taking my coat off. He laid them on his truck before walking passed the guys. Before he left the garage he looked back and said, "no one looks at Penelope". All the men turned away from me and back to their work. We walked through the car parts and tool shop till we got to the mall main area. Men looked at be but stopped when Troy said the same thing. Why is after Troy said my name I feel more uncomfortable than when guys looked at me with lust? We walked all the way to the other side of the mall where a help center was. He took we through the hall waving to his friends and giving the ones looking at me the eye. At the end of the hall was a big room with a desk sat in the middle of the room. A big window sat behind it showing a snowy field. He closed the door before he got a seat for me and sat down himself. "Sorry about the yelling", he says. I placed my bag on the floor and patted jack on the head. "I have a room for you to stay in", the states making me smile unsurely. "Of course I need you to work to earn it, I can't show favoritism. But we all know you are my family and I love you like my sister", I laughed and smiled at him. "I can scavenge and hunt", his face turned from happy to surprise. "When did that happen", he laughed. "The guy I was with told me some tricks and I learned fast on my own", I say. He smiled nodding. "Outside duty it is then, we need more of those. At the moment we have a lot of cooks and builders", I nod. I pat jack again making him calmer than me. "Giving that I have a lot of work to do around here I need you to stay safe so I'm going to introduce you to a couple of people in your line of work here", I nod as he pulls out a chart of names and jobs. The yellow said cleaning, purple auto,blue cooks, orange guards, green said other, and the last one was red and is said outside. He read off the names to himself till he found a few he liked. When he did he picked up a phone that was sitting on his desk and called out the named, "James, Blake, Steve, and Henry from outside please come to first level right wing". It played on the intercom making me remember high school. I guess it reminded troy to because when he sat the phone down he said, "I'm mr. jay now". He stood up making me stand up too. "We need to meet them", I nodded and called jack to follow as we left to where he asked to meet them. When we got there fore guys stood waiting. When we got into view they looked at me. Troy stood in front of them and said, "boys, this is Penelope she will be joining your work team". The first boy had green hair and black clothing. His eyes were also green making his whole body match. The second was short with blonde hair and brown eyes. His out fit consisted of a fall out boy shirt and blue jeans. The third was also blonde but had black eyes. There was no whites in his eyes. His outfit was a plain black shirt and grey pants. The forth made me stop. His eyes locked me in. I couldn't move.