#2 Day 2 of craziness

(Edited)

I woke up before Troy with the sun burning my eyes. We slept on the couch last night because one I didn't want to be alone, two he kept trying to sleep in the living room and me to go in the bedroom, three I hate when people do that. I sat on the floor staring at the ceiling for a good 10 minutes before I got up to make something for Troy and me to eat. And sense he won't let me out without him with me, all we have is pizza. I walked into the white and red kitchen in a over sized shirt that says 'Bad to the bone' and some of Troy's jogging shorts. Yeah, I guess before we took off he packed some stuff from his room and my house. But he forgot the food. Which sucks because I really want some pasta right now. With cheese and bacon, yummy. Wow I'm weird, who in the world thinks of pasta and bacon for breakfast. I walked up to the fridge and opened the freezer. My face shrivels up waiting for the cold air to hit my face, but it never came. Inside the freezer was pizza boxes soaked by the ice that use to be in there. Just yesterday night there was no problem and now we pretty much have no food. Closing the door I walked over to the light switch to see if the power is still on...Nope. Nothing will turn on, I guess we got to go out now. I might as well go out, I saw a corner store down the road. It's maybe a block away. I could get there and back before Troy even realizes that I left. Yup, That is what I'm going to do. I walked back into the living room, and over to the multiple bags in the corner in front of the TV. The bag with my stuff in it was black with a Nike symbol on the front. I pulled out a pair of jean shorts and a crop top shirt that says, 'Don't care never did'. I slipped them on, not even caring that Troy could wake up and see me naked any second. When I was was done with that I grabbed my wallet and left, quietly.

A good 5 or 6 minutes later I finally arrived at the run-down corner store. The windows were covered in ads like a progressive, coke, and a cover girl ones. It was a red brick building, had to have been here for a while. Compared to the other buildings in the neighborhood this had to be one of the oldest. The door was held open by a box full of rocks and a cigaret butt. When I walked in the feeling of an air conditioner made me tilt my head back in the pleasure of the feeling. I will not lie, I did stand there for a good minute before actually walking around. First I went to the canned goods aisle, because if I can't have pasta then I'm having some ravioli bitch. Sorry I'm kinda excited for getting food, I love me some food. The isle was covered in so much food that I had to grab a basket that was laying on the floor. I pretty much took all the the cans. Sorry but who knows how long Troy wants to stay at the cabin. They just got to restock their shelves. After I filled 2 baskets full of cans I walked over to where the candy is placed and grabbed 3 kitkats, 2 butterfingers, 6 whatchamacallits, and 1 snickers.

When I finally got to the counter I had the total of 45 cans, 12 candy bars, and 3 jugs of water. The counter had a note on top that said, 'take whatever, and may God be with you'. I smiled but felt bad about just taking it so I left a 20 on the counter. A duffle bags was on the ground so I just put everything in there before heading back to the cabin where, hopefully, there is a sleeping Troy.

Nope, wish not granted. Troy was on the porch with his arms crossed as soon as he saw me. I through my head back because I really didn't feel like the conversation that I'm pretty sure that is coming. "What the Hell Pen, you can't just leave without telling me", he said as I reached the stairs of the cabin. "Well you wouldn't have let me go anyways so, what's the point", I walked past him into the building and straight to the kitchen. I sat down the crazy heavy bag on the table before opening it to fill the shelves. Troy walked in saying, "Where did you get all this". "There is a little store down the road, I saw it when we drove by", not even looking his way. He sighed after a minute of standing there, "I'm sorry Pen, I'm just trying to keep you safe". I stopped and looked at him, I could finally see what he looked like. He was wearing his Jeans he wore yesterday, and no shirt but he was wearing the lightning bolt necklace I made him in second grade. "What do you mean, 'keep me safe'", I asked. "I saw stuff yesterday Pen, there are people eating people", he looked hopeless at this moment. I couldn't help but just wrap my arms around his neck to hug him. He reacted by placing his arms around my waist. "The blood...was everywhere...people yelling for help, but I just drove by", I placed my face in his neck trying to calm him as much as I can. Troy has never been like this, at least not in front of me. It was kinda scaring me. "It will be ok Troy, we have each other. As long as we have each other we can get through everything", I whispered in his ear. "Together...", I asked. "Together", he repeated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her shirt she wore(If you wanted to know): 

-Shelby Jean