Character Notes & Speculation [UPDATED]

(EDIT23/09/2018: Any speculations that have been disproven will have the note [HAS BEEN DISPROVEN] next to it)

____________________Edward O'Conner____________________

◾It has been speculated that Edward probably helped the Collective to make a device that could monitor Noah's activities. This is unlikely, due to him only being able to guess the USB cable, which is pretty mysterious on its own, given the time he needed to investigate the makeshift recorder. And in the description of the video, Noah mentions that he was visiting near his "area'', inducing that he lives far from it. As a final note, Edward gave advice to Noah about preventing data being installed on his computer by telling him which wires to cut to prevent it, something the Collective wouldn't tell him to do if he was with them.

it is possible that Edward is Swain or Deadhead's vessel, going along with the theory above.[HAS BEEN DISPROVEN]

◾ Edward's father or Edward himself could each be a member of the Order.

_____________________Henka Visæ____________________

◾ The fact that Visæ was born in Germany raises the possibility that he was involved with "The Event" that occurred in World War II, the Journal, or perhaps even with Deadhead or Karl Maxwell.

◾ Henka Visæ is an almost perfect anagram of the name Kevin Haas.

◾ Henka Visæ may have been a previous vessel of the Observer.

_____________________Robert Asher____________________

◾ Robert is possibly a member of the Collective, given what Firebrand has said about him.

◾ The most prominent theory is that he is Swain. Swain's title, "the Lover", may reference that Robert truly cared for, and loved Mary Asher.  [HAS BEEN DISPROVEN]

◾ He is Deadhead, as Mary believed that he "betrayed her" for becoming an agent of the Administrator.  [HAS BEEN DISPROVEN]

_____________________Sarah____________________

◾If one translates Sarah's last tweet before she was killed by the Observer, the "RW4gcGFzc2FudA⊙" part translates to "En passant", which is a chess move describing the capture of a pawn in a particular way by the enemy.

◾She has a brother, but not much is known about him.

_____________________Liam Walts____________________

◾It is possible that Liam was somehow connected to the Observer and the Administrator.

◾A picture of a boy standing at the boardwalk next to the Administrator is a recurring theme in the series, been seen in several videos on the channel. It is possible that this may in fact be Liam.

_____________________Deadhead____________________

◾There is not much information known about Deadhead. Current speculation is that he is a Nazi, due to his stalking Sebastian in the World War II era, as well the German text and his description as "thenationalist"

◾He possibly is the Overseer from "The Order", as both feature masks and robes with lines, also, The Collective may "affect" or "alter" some things, like the mask.

◾It is possible that Deadhead is the "conman" Noah mentions in the blogspot post about Milo's journal, as the area Deadhead appears in DEATHTRAPEXODUS looks reminiscent to that of a jail cell.

_____________________Cursor____________________

◾It is possible that she had a high ranking in the Collective, shown by her status as a queen on the chessboard.

◾Mary was once part of the Order; the same video contains laughter that may or not be Cursor.  

◾In DEUS EX MACHINA, Cursor appears inside of a safe which belongs to Mary. She seems to be sad, which might mean she can control herself like Firebrand, but unlike him, is unable to escape.

_____________________Firebrand____________________

◾Firebrand is shown with intense facial scarring in the final frame of "The Live Stream Incident". The reason behind this could be that, in Firebrand's original timeline, Noah was unable to escape/was not mysteriously rescued from the fire that destroyed his childhood home. In "DEUS EX MACHINA", Firebrand is seen carrying someone, most likely a young Noah, from a burning house. If the person being carried is in fact Noah as a child, then saving him from the fire would prevent Firebrand's disfigurement from ever occurring. This could be why he is shown without the scars in his more recent appearances. Although, it's confirmed by Adam Rosner that this is just a fan theory.

◾It seems odd that Firebrand would be the one to give Milo/Mr. Scars the gun he would eventually use to kill Mary Asher. One would think that, since he was already trying to change the past for the better, he would try to prevent his friend from being forced to commit matricide. Does Firebrand, at this point, still have some responsibilities to the Collective? Was Mary's death, and probable transformation into a Collective Member, some kind of inevitable event that absolutely had to occur, no matter what? Or does her death and subsequent conversion actually benefit Firebrand in some way? It may be that Cursor, like Mr. Scars, turns out to be a Member who, while unable to free herself from servitude, is willing to assist Firebrand as he works against the Administrator.

◾Some people believe that there is a possibility that, like the Observer, Firebrand is having a moment where he is fighting off whatever is controlling his vessel and in doing so, had lapses of being good and bad. Also, there is a belief that there are two realities clashing, since Noah wasn't burned and made into the first reality's Firebrand (the one seen in the final frame of "The Live Stream Incident") and so then basically, we are now observing the second reality where this Firebrand has no scarring, since Firebrand saved Noah, and now the Collective is trying to put things back to place.

◾Both Firebrand and the Collective want Noah with Sebastian's journal, but each for their own plans. We can see this when Noah lost Milo's journal on the Boardwalk in "Crawlspace". Both Firebrand and the Collective gave a push to Noah to get back Milo's journal, read it and make his path to Sebastian's journal. But by their nature, they do it in a enigmatic way that sometimes scares the Noah, even if Firebrand has good intentions and even if is necessary to give Noah a "lesson" or, as the Observer said, 'teach him' the hard way. After all, Firebrand is not totally Noah anymore.

_____________________Mr. Scars____________________

◾Mr. Scars' role in delivering the briefcase makes it difficult to pinpoint his role within the Collective. If he is doing so on the orders of Firebrand, it is possible that he has decided to go rogue as well.

◾It seems like Mr. Scars could be the one who wrote the Obituary letter after ending Mary's session.

◾It is heavily speculated by viewers that Mr. Scars is the entity that is possessing Milo's Journal. This has been backed up by the first Vine that TribeTwelve has released, and in Crawlspace, where the journal refers to itself as Milo.

____________________Swain____________________

◾Swain's outfit resembles an old European soldier uniform. This likely indicates that he was around during the World War II era along with other members of the Collective.

◾Swain's vessel could be:

       ◾Sebastian Kraus, the journal's writer.

       ◾Robert Asher. Being the ex-husband of Mary Asher, who is already a Collective member herself, this would give a fitting explanation for his title, "the Lover".  [HAS BEEN DISPROVEN]

       ◾Noah's friend Edward (who, to date, has only appeared in the video "Device Analysis").  [HAS BEEN DISPROVEN]

       ◾John Fletcher.  [HAS BEEN DISPROVEN]