Dansby Swanson (Requested)

~~Requested by KristenCochefski5 -- this is honestly probably my most favorite thing I've ever written, so thank you so much for the request! 😂 hope you like it! 💕~~

---

Kristen sat on the edge of her bed, fiddling with her fingers. It was the day she and Dansby were going to find out if they were having a baby boy or girl. She didn't know why she was nervous, either way, she was just overjoyed to be having the child of the man she loved. Dansby was so wonderful to her, so she could only imagine what an amazing father he was going to be to their child.

Maybe, though, the nerves were coming from how the reveal was going to go. Kristen was going to throw one of those powder filled baseballs to Dansby, who would hit it and fill the air with the color associated with their baby's gender. That wasn't the nerve wracking part though. She was going to do it right after Dansby's game, in front of thousands of fans.

Kristen couldn't help but think about everything that could go wrong. What if she completely failed and the ball didn't go anywhere near Dansby? She had thought this was a fantastic idea when they first planned it, but she was regretting ever agreeing to it now.

"What's wrong, Kristen?" Dansby's voice pulled her out of her thoughts and she looked up to see him staring at her, his face full of concern.

Kristen sighed and rested her hand on her pregnant belly, "I'm scared it's going to go wrong tonight. What if I completely mess up and make a fool out of myself?"

Dansby knelt on the floor next to her and cupped her face with one hand while rubbing her baby bump with the other, "First of all, you won't mess up. All you have to do is a short underhand throw, I'll take care of the rest." He winked. "Second, no matter what happens, we're having a baby and I could not be more excited to be starting our family together. He lifted up his other hand to hold her face with both hands. "I love you so much, Kristen. Whatever happens, this is about us." He glanced down at her belly before smiling up at her again, "the three of us."

Kristen's eyes filled with tears. She had no idea how she got so lucky to have Dansby to spend the rest of her life with. They had their fair share of struggles, and it was definitely hard during the season when he was on the road for so long, but every day they spent together seemed so much better than the one before. "I love you too, Dans." She whispered before he pulled her in for a kiss.

After they pulled away, he stood up and grinned, "I gotta get to the stadium. Next time we're together, we're gonna know if we're having a little Dansby or a little Kristen."

Kristen smiled and touched his face softly, "I hope it's a little Dansby so he can grow up to be just like you."

---

The game had just ended and the Braves won 6-3. Dansby had an amazing game, going 3 for 4 with 2 RBIs. Kristen normally loved watching him play, especially when he had good games, but she could not focus today, knowing what she had to do when the game ended.

Slowly, she made her way from the family seating down to the field, where Dansby was waiting for her. "You ready?" He whispered, hugging her tightly.

Kristen hesitantly nodded, "As ready as I'll ever be."

She grabbed the baseball and they took their places on the field. Her heart pounded and her mouth was dry. She made eye contact with Dansby and he smiled and winked. 'You got this,' he mouthed to her.

Filled with the confidence that Dansby believed in her, Kristen tossed the ball towards Dansby. Everything seemed to move in slow motion. Dansby took a swing at the ball as it neared and made contact. The air instantly filled with a blue cloud.

After feeling a relief from knowing everything went as planned, Kristen processed the fact that she and Dansby were having a baby boy. The crowd roared with applause and tears filled her eyes as Dansby ran up to her. He picked her up and twirled her around before planting a kiss on her lips.

"We're having a son!" Dansby exclaimed and smiled as he rested his forehead against Kristen's.

She smiled back at him and squeezed his hand, "If he grows up to be half the man you are, I'll be happy."

"With a woman like you as his mother, I have full confidence in the child and man he will be someday."

They kissed one more time before looking up at the scoreboard. They had put up the words 'It's a boy!' with a picture of Dansby's face photoshopped on a baby. Kristen and Dansby burst into laughter.

"I'm sure this baby will be born with the best head of hair any newborn has ever had!" Kristen joked and nudged Dansby, who laughed in return.

He took her hand and they walked together to the dugout, smiles spread across both of their faces.

The night had gone better than Kristen had anticipated. The Braves won, Dansby had a good game, and they found out their firstborn was going to be a son.

Her heart was full of joy and she was so excited for the baby to arrive. They were going to be a little family of three and Kristen couldn't imagine having anyone else by her side as they entered this new stage of life together.