❝My baby.❞

{Huey POV}

It's been 2 weeks since we left the hospital. Sara and Tom, Jazmine's parents decided it was best for them to leave Woodcrest for a year for a trip to Italy. So, I let Jazmine stay with us since Granddad is fond of her and she is my fiance after all. I was in bed, resting because I was tired and my shoulder was causing me problems.  But of course, Jazmine calls me.

"Huey! Get down here!" She yelled I could smell food and that was my cue to come down there and investigate. Let's just hope she didn't burn anything.

I walked down the stairs to see pancakes on the table, syrup, sausages, eggs, and waffles. "There you are sleepyhead." She smiled, turning to face me as her apron read 'kiss the chef'. 

"Jazmine, what is all this?" I raised an eyebrow, looking at the table and then back at her. "It's 8:30."

"It's food Huey, and I know what time it is! I woke up early to make you all of this because you often have quite the appetite in the mornings." She giggled, flipping a pancake and putting it on a plate.

"Jazmine, what did I say?" I growled.

"C'mon Huey! Let me do something nice for my fiance. Please?" She begged, her lower lip poking out.

I sighed, she was too cute for her own good. "Fine. But next time, no." 

"Yay!" She cheered, before running and kissing my cheek. "Get ready by 9:30. We got somewhere to be." 

I watched Jazmine run up the stairs, as I squinted I noticed she was bare. The only thing she had on was her bra and some booty shorts. Lord, Jazmine I swear one day she's gonna get punished for that. 

{Jazmine POV}

You may be wondering, where are we going? I'm taking Huey out. And I know it should be the other way around but ever since with the incident that night and the crash he hasn't been outside yet. Guess he's still traumatized, I am too. It scares me to know I was basically the cause of his shoulders dislocation. I dug around his bedroom, looking for my T-shirt when I froze. I saw a book tucked underneath his shirts, but it wasn't an ordinary book about black history or any historical content. It was a journal. I shut the door, knowing if Huey caught me he'd be furious. I blew the dust off the cover before opening it up. No title, but I skimmed through. It seemed to be like a journal, not a diary. It was too antique and old looking and Huey isn't the type of person to write down his feelings and such. I sat on the edge of the bed, reading it and seeing what it said. Woah, he wrote this page when he was 14? Neato. The page read:

"Well, training with Riley again. He may be 13 years old but he cannot fight for the sake of Woodcrest. I need to teach him how to fight, properly. That fighting he'd do when I was 10 and he was 8 isn't gonna fly this time. He's in 7th grade, I am in the 8th. I cannot always be defending him in these fights. Especially with-" What? The page is torn.  Oh well. 

"Jazmine, what are you doing?" Huey scoffed before raising an eyebrow at me.

I quickly shoved the book back and stood up. "H-Huey! I'm doing nothing." 

"You're lying Jazmine." He shook his head. 

"I'm not! Go get dressed Huey!" I faked a smile.

"I would but you're in front of my dresser." He commented.

"O-oops."  I stutter and step out of the way.

He knelt down and grabbed a white t-shirt, some black jeans, and his red and white hoodie out from the drawer before heading into the bathroom and shutting the door. I sighed, that was a close one. But, I got interrupted when my phone started to ring. I quickly picked it up and saw it was Cindy. I answered it but before I could say something Cindy yelled. "JAZZY!"