❝ Damn you..❞

JAZMINE POV

It's been a few years now, and a lot has changed. Huey and I are still the best friends like we were when we were younger, Riley and Cindy finally started dating! I'm so happy for them! But no, I'm still single of course. I'm 17 and Huey is 18, Riley and Cindy are both 16. And we've made some friends too! But right now, I'm sitting on the hill with Huey, this tree has been ours since we were little kids. It's our tree. I looked over my shoulder and of course, Huey is reading. I didn't notice that I was staring at him, my mind completely blanked. I kept looking at him, what was this feeling I felt inside? I felt butterflies when I was around Huey. Maybe I... No! Snap at of it Jazmine. You can't love your best friend.

HUEY POV

I've noticed Jazmine staring at me, and quite frankly apart from this book I've been staring at her too, I just didn't get caught looking at her. And damn, had she changed. She's not that whiny little girl she once was, she was..mature. I mean, she is 17 after all but geez. I never expected the innocent little Jazmine to be so grown. She's also matured in other places, her chest has gotten a little bigger, her slender waist came with her curvy hips and a perfectly rounded ass to match. The girl looked good. Damn, did I  seriously just think about that? Maybe I've been reading too much. I looked over my shoulder to find Jazmine shivering, of course just like when we were kids in this cold weather she never came with a jacket. I removed my jacket and placed my book on the soft green grass beneath us. I got behind her and placed it over her shoulders, she instantly looked back to see me there. And she smiled at me. Damn.. that smile. But my thoughts were interrupted when she removed it from her shoulder. 

JAZMINE POV

"I'm fine Huey."

"Nonsense, you're shivering Jaz."

"Hueyyyy."

"Jazmine."

I pouted and put the jacket back on before muttering thanks. "Thanks, Huey."
He nodded and went back to reading. And of course I watched him read, it fascinated me even though it could get annoying sometimes.

HUEY POV

A few minutes later I feel a sudden force against my shoulder, I turn to see Jazmine asleep with my jacket wrapped around her as a blanket. I gathered my things and carried her bridal style and made my way down the hill. As we were walking I couldn't help but look down at her. She looked so...calm and cute. As I was looking at her, I saw a smile appear on her face. I shook my head, knowing she was awake. "I know you're awake Jazmine."

She didn't budge. "So you wanna be that way, huh?" I smirked, taking my hand and going to tickle her. She sensed it and quickly her emerald green eyes shot open and I heard her plead. "Ah! Huey! I'm up I'm up!"

"I knew it all along Jaz."

She pouted which caused me to grin. And I only grin when I'm around her. She loves it when I smile. I stopped at her house and carefully put her down. She quickly grabbed her house key and unlocked the door, taking a step inside. Before she could shut the door I outstretched my arm. "Jaz, my jacket."

She gave a nervous smile before removing it and placing it on my arm. And that's when our eyes finally met. We looked at each other for a good 4 minutes until I seen her lean towards me and I leaned towards her. Before our lips got close I pulled away. "Goodnight, Jazmine." I turned and made my way down the steps and on the sidewalk. "Goodnight, Huey." I heard her say before shutting the door.

I looked back, seeing that the door was shut I sighed. Why didn't I kiss her?  I shook my head and made my way to my house, after a long day at the hill with Jazmine I was tired. Could it be that I was falling in love with my best friend?

"Damn you, DuBois.."

"Damn you, Freeman.."

First boondocks story, yay! Hope you liked it, and feedback would be amazing!

But awww Jazmine and Huey <3.

Ight, see you in the next chapter  ✌️💕 

~xxlilbarbie