❝Come back to us 2/2❞

{Reality, Riley POV}

But, we heard the monitors go off again. "What the-"

Suddenly, you could hear a gasp, we all rushed into the room to see Huey. Coughing up a storm but alright. "Huey!" We all yelled as we swarmed his bed.

"Where am I?" He groaned, slowly opening his eyes to look at us.

"In the hospital, Riley nearly cried," Cindy said, sniffling as she hugged Huey though he was laying down.

"Not uh! You a liar!" I protested but she punched my shoulder.

Huey chuckled, wincing at the pain he felt. "Jazmine. Where's Jazmine?"

Everyone turned to her bed, seeing she hasn't moved an inch. "Doc?" Ming looked at the Doctor who walked over to her bed and relooked at the monitor, her stats, everything.

"She's breathing, but it's slowing down by the minute. Nurse! Check her oxygen!" The doctor ordered, the nurse swarmed in and checked.

" J-jazmine. Wake up. Now." Huey grunted, for once. You could see tears come out the nigga's eyes. I ain't like it, it was uncomfortable to watch.

"Ey nigga. Don't be gay." I said in an attempt to make him feel better but It didn't work.

"Jazmine.." Huey mumbled before closing his eyes.

{In their world, Nobody's POV}

"Jazmine, what the hell are you doing?" Huey growled, looking at her seeing she was still standing there.

"Huey I don't want to!" She protested.

"Jazmine, they're going to let you die if you don't come back. I came back, why can't you? You're acting like we can't get married in the real world, Jazmine. Because for fuck's sake we can!"

Jazmine froze, looking at Huey who had tears coming down his face. She never saw him cry before, and this was the first time she was and she hated it. "Huey.."

The same ghost Huey saw before, appeared behind Huey for a quick minute. "Do what's right man. Do what's right." 

Huey grunted, looking into Jazmine's emerald eyes before grabbing her hand 

"I love you, Jazmine." He muttered, grabbing my hand and holding it tightly.

{Reality, Nobody's POV}

"I love you too Huey.." Jazmine mumbled raspily, moving her head around slowly but in pain.

"JAZZY!" Everyone except Huey managed to yell, but not too loud as they swarmed her bed and hugged her.

"Guys. Watch it. I'm still sore.." Jazmine groaned, slowly opening her eyes.

"Jaz.." Huey managed to mutter, trying to get the strength to move his arm out from the bed.

Jazmine caught onto this and did the same thing, and eventually, their hands reached each other. They never let go of each other's hands, this bond was unbreakable no matter what was thrown at them. "It's a miracle that you both managed to recover, at the same time too. We almost lost you both." The doctor said, examining their stats.

Huey nodded painfully but slowly as he shut his eyes to get some rest, along with Jazmine. Their hands still together.

"We're gonna let them get some sleep, we'll be back tomorrow. And that's a promise." Michael mumbled before walking out the hospital room with the rest of them.

Before Riley left he looked back to Huey. "Hey, Huey?"

"Yes, Riley?"

"Good to have you back man." Riley walked back to his bed, took his free hand and gently dapped him before walking out completely and shutting the door.

Huey smiled, closing his eyes once again before drifting off to sleep. They were back, back home. Back with their friends, family, everyone they loved. They weren't dead. And that's what mattered the most.

{Next day at the hospital, Jazmine POV}

Me and Huey finally got the strength to sit up, we could sit up now and we were in less pain than we were before. I look over to Huey's hospital bed, seeing he was still asleep this morning. He looked adorable even if he had bandages on his arms, waist, and forehead. 

"Good morning Miss DuBois." A familiar voice said, when I looked it was my father and mother.

"Daddy. Mom." I smiled as they came to her and kissed my cheek.

"Aw my poor baby, look at all these bandages." My mom said, frowning as she looked at all the bandages that were wrapped around me. 

"Do they hurt sweetheart?" My dad asked me, I shook my head.

"No, I'm still sore though so watch out," I warned him as he stepped away.

"We have to go again sweetie, but we couldn't go without checking in on our baby girl first. You're our first priority." 

I smiled as they kissed my cheek, said goodbye and walked out the door. I went to lay down but I heard Huey's voice from the other side. "They might as well call you Mrs. Freeman."

"Was that a joke I heard, Huey?" I teased, looking over at him as he grinned.

"Of course not," Huey smirked, wincing as he slowly but steadily sat up and turned to face me.

I saw the pain in his eyes from what his chest was causing him. I shook my head. Indicating I wanted him to lay down and for once he listened to me. "Huey?"

"Jazmine."

"When are we going home, graduation..?" I asked him nervously.

For once, Huey didn't have an answer. "I don't know Jaz."

"But I do," Cindy said, coming in alone.

"Cindy?"

"The rest of them are out buying you guys stuff. I don't know why but ye. But, about graduation. It was a week ago. But don't worry. I got yo diploma's right here. The school agreed to redo it just so you guys ain't have to miss it. But, they said if y'all don't wanna go through with it I can give it to ya." Cindy smiled, holding up the diplomas.

"Keep them for us. We're in no shape to keep them ourselves." Huey said, groaning as he rolled over in his bed.

"Aight, I just wanted to check on ya'll. Make sure ya'll alright." Cindy smiled, dapping Huey gently and hugging Jazmine softly before walking out of the room. 

"Jazmine?" Huey looked over to me.

"Yes?" 

{Huey POV}

"You know I love you, right?" I told her, seeing tears fall down her face.

"Yeah, why?" She sniffled.

"Look next to you," I told her, she turned to see a promise ring. An engagement ring.

"Huey-"

"I love you, Jazmine, I really do. We may be 18 but you mean the world to me, princess. I hate how you make me feel sometimes but I learned to deal with it and accept it because that's who you are. And you make me happy. So Jazmine, will you be my Fiance?"

"Y-yes!" She hiccuped, leaning over in pain as she grabbed the ring and slid it on."It's beautiful." She whispered.

"Just like you.." I smiled, closing my eyes once again as she did the same thing.