chapter 77

"Melanieeee." Anne called, knocking on my bedroom door.

I groaned and opened my heavy eyes. I was still in last nights clothes, on top of the covers with makeup smeared all down my face and on the pillow beneath my head. My hair was all over the place and my mouth tasted gross, a hint of vodka still present making my stomach turn slightly.

"Mel?" Anne called again. "I'm coming in sweetie."

She turned the door handle and stepped inside before standing at the bottom of the bed.

"Oh Mel." She laughed. "You had a heavy night huh?"

"Sorry for... everything." I laughed. "I can't really remember much."

Anne laughed again and sat at the end of the bed. "You don't need to apologise, you didn't really do anything wrong apart from nearly smash your face on the doorstep... God knows how Harry managed to catch you with the state he was in."

I laughed with her and hid my face. "Getting married with a mangled face probably wouldn't be the best situation."

"No probably not love." She smiled.

"Where is Harry anyway? I didn't even hear him get up."

"Him and Robin have gone to get some stuff sorted for tomorrow. It is 1 in the afternoon you know." She chuckled. "I was thinking we could go into town, just the two of us and get a coffee or something."

"Yeah that'll be nice, I'm gunna need to sort myself out first though and have a shower." I said motioning towards my face. "Is my brother home?"

"Yeah he got in not long ago... he looks rough too." She winked. "I'll leave you to get sorted, I'll be downstairs when you're ready."

She put her hand on my leg before leaving me alone again and shut the door behind her. I dragged myself out of bed and into the shower which made me feel 100x better than when I woke up this morning. I blow-dried my hair and left it natural before putting on a little bit of makeup and pulling on some leggings. I paired them with one of Harrys white tshirts that had hands on it; some of them holding cigarettes. I liked Harry in this tshirt but I think he'd only ever worn it once.

 My feet dragged me downstairs, following the smell of pancakes cooking in the kitchen. Anne and Zayn were both sitting round the table and there was a plate for me too. I sat down next to Zayn and smiled.

"Coming home after 12 in last nights clothes, you broke all the rules there." I said quietly.

Zayn laughed and nudged my arm. "I don't ask for yours and Harrys details, it's probably best you don't ask for mine."

"You're disgusting." I grinned.

Anne smiled at us both and picked up her coffee mug. "Ey, I'm not your sister, I want all the gory details."

Me and Zayn both pulled our forks away from our mouths and turned to her in unison. Did she just say she wanted to hear about my brothers sex life?

"If you've got good stamina, she'll be back for more." Anne winked.

Yes I think she actually did. Jesus christ, my mother in law flirting with my brother is not what I signed up for. Zayn looked from me to Anne a few times before opening his mouth.

"Eeeer..."

"I'm kidding." Anne laughed. "I was young once too ya'know."

Thank god she was joking. I was getting ready to army roll under the table I swear to god.

"You need to see as many people and do as many things as you can before you get to my age. You young ones think the world will stand still and wait for you to live your life and before you know it your kids will be getting married and you'll curse yourself for not taking that holiday or saying no to that road trip. Trust me, you'll be my age before you even know it." She placed her mug and the table and got up. "Life's too short."