Awkward Meetings

We went back inside and ate our meal (which was fantastic by the way). It was on the way to his parents house that I found out that the lady who looked like a grandmother was named Lizzy and she owned the restaurant. I also found out she was a werewolf but made herself look older (something all werewolves could do) in order to not freak out the humans who live here.

"So how old is Lizzy really?"

"67."

"Oh..." There was a tense silence in the air.

"Look Adam, if you don't want to meet my parents that's fine. It isn't like we will be alone with them. They live at the pack house. My sister, my parents, the beta's family, and the beta all live there. By the way, the beta's name is Fintan. He was the guy standing beside me when you were arguing with Jason."

"There'll be more strangers I have to meet?!?"

"Relax, they'll accept you, but, if they don't they'll have to deal with it or get out of my pack." His jaw was clenched and his body was stiff, like the very idea of someone not accepting me enraged him.

"I'm just...nervous okay? I'm not very good in front of new people." He stopped the car in front of this huge house and I became 100 times more nervous.

"Relax, love, I'll protect you." He got out of the car, shut the door, and then opened my side of the car's door. He shut it when I got out of the car. We walked to the front door. He opened it and allowed me to go in before him. We walked down a long hallway before entering a room. Once we entered, it became absolutely silent. I gulped loudly then moved closer to my mate's side. Lucas wrapped his hand around mine. "As some of you already know, this is my mate, Adam." Wow he got straight to the point, didn't he?

I looked around and saw Olivia beside what I assumed to be his parents. Both of his parents obviously held authority, it radiated off of them, Lucas radiated more though. His mother also gave off a somewhat nice/strict vibe which only comforted me slightly, while his father gave off you-can't-pull-any-shit-with-me vibe. On the other side of the room was the beta and his parents. Although most of them seemed friendly, I was unable to look anyone in the eyes, which was common for me. Lucas' father broke the silence.

"Son, are you sure he's your mate?" Lucas growled in response.

"Of course I'm sure. Do you have a problem with it?"

"...Well, it's just that...well, look at him." Lucas instinctively pulled me behind him.

"What about him?" I could tell he was angry, everyone could.

"It's just that he practically screams submission, he won't even look anyone in the eyes, that's not really alpha material."

"He's stronger than you think." Lucas said, referring to me being the chosen one.

"He can't be that strong, he's human."

"I don't see how it's your place to say whether or not he's strong enough for the pack. You aren't the alpha, I am."

"Anyone can become alpha, if they kill the alpha." Lucas' father move so fast that I didn't even see him until he was right in front of Lucas. He was a few inches shorter than him but still taller than me. I couldn't believe what he had just said. Anger swelled in me at the thought of someone threatening my mate. Lucas and his father were glaring at each other silently. But I couldn't be silent. I felt yet again the feeling I get when I'm angry, like it's someone else speaking for me, like my inner rage coming out.

"How dare you threaten my mate." My words came out from my inner beast, and my inner beast had authority and wouldn't take shit from anyone, werewolf or not. "You may question my strength but you cannot, will not, threaten my mate." I forced my inner beast to shove my dominance vibe at him. It was a very strong vibe and brought the strong former alpha to his knees, now looking up at me with a shocked expression. "Who screams submission now?"

"Lucas, his eyes, this domination he has, he's the chosen one."

"I already know that Rick." Lucas snapped. He put his arm around my waist protectively. "Come on, Adam. Let's go." We turned around and started walking down that long hallway that led to the front door.

"Wait!" Lucas' father called out to us. Lucas wanted to keep on going but I stopped. He was in front us in a second. Lucas growled threateningly. His father's face filled with guilt. "It seems I have misjudged you, Adam. You have shown you care for my son and that's all I want for my son's mate. I'm sorry for saying those things but I needed to find out how much you cared for Lucas. And so-although you don't need this-you have my full support on not only mating with Lucas but also leading this pack. And everyone here besides you and Lucas communicated with the pack link to me that they cannot wait for you to be alpha."

Then it was final, I am fit to lead a pack. Somehow I wasn't afraid of that, it felt like I was meant to do this. There was only one problem in the way, how to tell my dad I'm gay.

ATTENTION THE NEXT CHAPTER IS MARKED AS PRIVATE AND IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO FOLLOWERS. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO READ IT AFTER YOU FOLLOW MY BUT IF THAT DOESN'T WORK TRY ALSO ADDING IT INTO YOUR LIBRARY THEN OPENING IT FROM YOUR LIBRARY. IF YOU WANT TO UNFOLLOW ME AFTER READING IT, THAT'S FINE BUT THERE MAY BE OTHER CHAPTERS PRIVATE SO YOU'LL HAVE TO REFOLLOW ME IN ORDER TO READ THEM. THE NEXT CHAPTER IS CALLED PLAYING WITH FIRE. ENJOY, THANKS FOR READING AND I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY COMMENTS ABOUT WHAT IS GOOD AND WHAT I NEED TO IMPROVE ON. ONCE I FINISH THE BOOK I MAY NEED AN EDITOR BECAUSE I'M NOT REALLY GOOD AT THAT. ANYWAYS, THANKS FOR READING!