Chapter Twenty Six

It has been a long time since I have felt like this. A long time since I have felt happy. I can finally say I am happy. It has been four days since me and Mason mated. And let me tell you, it has been the best few days of my life. I was slowly experiencing what having a real mate was like, I was getting more comfortable around Mason, the more time I spent with him, the less Damon affected me.

I hadn't even realised that I was staring immensely out the window at the trees, grinning widely until Masons sexy deep voice filled my ears.

"Mmm baby, what are you grinning at?" He asks as he comes up behind me and wraps his arms wrapped around my waist. I couldn't help the large smile that spread across my face as I relaxed back into his body. His chin resting on the crown of my head.

The way his touch made me feel was just so different to Damon, I felt safe and secure in Masons arms. "Just things." I say not giving anything away. A moan escaped my lips as his hand went under my shirt and began rubbing my soft skin in slow motions, slowly making his way upwards.

He bent down, until his mouth was touching my ear and whispered "Mmh, thinking about sexy things and me?" He teases as his hand went higher, in a second it slipped under my bra, his fingers grazing my nipple making it automatically turn into rock under his touch as shivers ran through me.

I moaned out, tilting my head back on his shoulder as I smirked lightly, "Don't start anything you can't finish!" I warn him in a husky voice, my body growing hotter at his actions.

In the blink of an eye, using his alpha abilities he pushed me back onto the large corner couch behind me, instantly moving to straddle my body. "Who said I couldn't finish it?" he smirked, his sexy eyes looking down at me. My heart palpitated in excitement as he instantly ripped my t-shirt off my body, completely destroying it but I didn't even care right now, it was hot as hell. I instantly returned the favour, tearing his shirt off his body revealing his toned six pack making my eyes darken.

Masons hands gripped the side of my waist tightly as he bent down and licked my soft plump lips. Fireworks exploded throughout our bodies, just by one single touch. He didn't need much encouragement as he began kissing me, he instantly shoved his tongue into my mouth, deepening the kiss as he started to undo the belt on his pants.

"Ha hum!" a loud, strong voice spoke from the corner of the room making me freeze, well aware of my compromising position.

Wait. Shit. That voice.

Within a second, I was out of Masons grip and was running towards my father, not caring that I was only in my bra and jeans as I jumped into his arms. "Daddy!" As he spun me around, a growl spread through the room making me tense a little.

"Oh shut up Mason!" both me and my dad said in unison as I rolled my eyes, chuckling a little. I stood back down on the floor being considerate of Masons feelings. As he came up next to me, he handed me a new t-shirt which I pulled over my head to cover myself.

All three of us headed downstairs to the kitchen, I made us some coffee as we sat down and had a normal conversation, for once in our lives. However, no matter how often I tried to bring up my dads adventures back home I was continuously cut off, it was frustrating.

*

"Come on baby." Mason said form beside me as sat in the indoor swimming pool. We'd been down here for two hours, busy getting to know each other's bodies so it was safe to say I was exhausted. But he didn't seem to understand that as he was now trying to pull me upstairs to our bedroom.

"Mason, I have no energy left!" I whined rolling my eyes at him as I looked down at my feet dangling in the pool water.

"Mia, I don't want to pull you upstairs for sex, I need to ask you something important." he spoke seriously, and I could feel his eyes boring into the side of my face making me flush. I instantly panicked, hearing someone be so serious and say they want to ask you something was enough to make anyone's heart go crazy in anticipation.

"Just ask me here." I tell him with a sigh as I lightly kick the water around with my feet, my body still hot from the fun we just had. He didn't say anything but out of the side of my eye I could see him pull something out of his pocket and hide it behind his back. Staring down at the water I could feel him get down on the tiled floor and after a moment I realised he had frozen and wasn't moving.

I turned my head to look at him, instantly gasping, "Holy shit!" I muttered in disbelief, my breathing stopping in shock as I sat there wide eyed unsure what to do. There was Mason, on one knee beside a darkly lit swimming pool, us both naked and him with a rather large black box. I knew what was about to happen, I wasn't stupid, I gulped as I looked up at his eyes, part of me wanted to stop him before he could continue but I didn't have a chance.

His voice filled my ears as he spoke, "Mia Petrova Spence, will you marry me?"