Chapter 9

LOUIS

The music is deafening. All Louis can see is the stage and Harry's grin right next to him, head nodding to the grunge-pop beats.

"What's her name again?" Louis yells over the noise.

Harry leans in closer, "What?" he yells back.

"Her name?" Louis yells again, this time directly into Harry's ear.

Harry does the same, "Charli XCX, whad'you think?" Louis' never heard of her, but she's energetic and different and Harry's sister is apparently good friends with her from University.

"I love it," Louis screams back. Harry's grin returns, and he yells a few of the lyrics back towards the stage. He'd explained that she was up-and-coming but her parents were still making her go to school, despite her small tour and working on a debut album.

Louis also likes the fact that he can loose himself in the music instead of focusing on the fact that he's meeting Harry's sister as soon as the show is over. Louis knows all too well that Harry's sister is the most important person in Harry's life, and the chance that she may not like him gives him mild panic attacks at least once a day.

You've got to set me free- you've devoured my soul, I can taste your lips on my lips, your kisses make me out of control.

Her words boom over the speakers in a strange, mysterious way, backed up by grungey dance beats that make him want to pump his fists and dance uncontrollably at the same time. The show ends all too soon, and Harry's dragging him to the backstage door. A girl with sandy-blonde hair and Harry's eyes lets them in.

"You must be Louis? I'm Gemma, just in case Harry hadn't told you," she greets him.

Louis smiles nervously, "Nice to meet you," he extends a hand.

She ignores his hand and goes in for a hug, "Nice to finally have a face to the name. God, Harry never shuts up about you."

Harry gives her a pointed look and Louis laughs. They follow her further backstage. Charli looks just as mysterious and low-key punk backstage as she did during the show, and she's more than a little intimidating. Gemma aside, Louis isn't usually one to let intimidation get the better of him.

"Great show," he tells her, Gemma hugs her and Harry smiles.

She grins, a bit of the punk-edge fading, "Thanks," she replies, she looks between the two of them for a moment before extending a hand to Harry, "You're definitely Harry," they shake hands, "That makes you Louis, then?" she asks, turning to the other boy.

"Happy to finally meet you," Harry tells her.

Charli laughs, "I feel like I already have, since all of Gemma's best stories include you."

Harry looks at her a bit nervously, "Don't know how I feel about that, really."

Charli and Gemma both laugh, and Gemma looks at Louis, "So Louis, is my brother a good kisser?"

Harry tackles his sister and Louis and Charli both stare in mild discomfort. Finally, Louis turns to her, "Maybe we should call security on them?"

"Probably a good idea," Charli says, a hint of mischeif in her voice.

                                                          ________________

 "I still can't get over the fact that you had us escorted out of the building," Harry says, taking another fry from the basket in the middle of the table.

Louis grabs one as well, dipping it in ketchup,  "You see, Charli and I didn't think it was very professional to have people rolling around on the floor."