Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

LOUIS

Zayn never gives him any more information on Liam, no matter how hard he begs.

"C'mon, asshole, I told you everything about me and Harry," he'd begged, but Zayn had stayed tight-lipped.

"Nothing happened, Louis, leave it alone," he'd shoot back. Finally Louis stopped asking, even though he knew that something had happened. Zayn seemed a little more than butthurt after he left Perrie's that morning, and he'd been even quieter than usual lately.

Although things with Zayn were a bit rocky, Louis and Harry had been texting constantly. When he got back to his house Saturday mid-morning, he went to sleep until late in the afternoon. His mom asked him if he felt sick, and he lied and said he did so that she wouldn't make him leave his bed. He felt like he was floating, and the only thing keeping him on earth was the weight of his covers on top of him.

It’d been a while since Louis had a “thing” with someone. He had a few girlfriends in middle school and Eleanour during freshman year, but obviously he hadn’t been too serious about them. Other than that, he'd never really dated anyone. He was more of the no-strings-attatched type.

He lost his virginity to Lucas at summercamp right before his Sophomore year. It had been fun and carefree, but it ended as soon as camp did. Sophomore year was filled with angst and booze and boys. He spent the year messing around with boys in club bathroom stalls and parked cars, but he never let them past third base.

When he met Max, he didn't plan to do anything with him. They danced at the club for a while, and Max slipped him his number before he left. Sure enough, the next time Louis got drunk they fucked in the back of Max's jeep. They stayed with each other for a while, until Max got a girlfriend and tried to keep fucking Louis on the side.

His most serious relationship had been with Connor. They met at the college the day his parents made him take a tour. He lived a few towns over, and to him this was a city. They never officially dated, but they were together for about six months. It ended when Connor decided he wanted to introduce Louis to his parents, and Louis couldn't do it.

 As Louis had discovered at the party, Harry wasn't a virgin. He'd been with two girls and one boy. This fact made Louis stomach twist because he really wishes he could have been the one to take Harry's virginity.

Sunday afternoon, Louis was bored and still mildly annoyed with Zayn, so he decided to get ice cream. At the last minute, he realized it would be a good idea to invite Harry.  When he’d picked him up, Harry had jumped in his car with a grin on his face. When most people rode in Louis' car, they commented on the mess. Harry, on the other hand, picked up the shoebox in the floor of the passenger side that was labelled CD's on top.

He looked through Louis' collection, commenting when he came to Modest Mouse' We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank and The XX. At the bottom of the box were several mix CD's that either Louis had made for himself or Zayn had given him when only Louis could drive and Zayn was tired of his music. Harry picked up one of the ones Louis had made himself, it was old and Louis honestly had no clue what was on it. Harry skimmed the back and smiled, he turned to Louis and held it up,"Can we?"

Louis nodded and put the CD in. His stomach balled up a bit as his stereo read the disc. Finally, Marina and the Diamonds Bubblegum Bitch began to play and Harry gets a wide grin.

The rest of the drive to the ice cream parlor is spent belting out to the the CD. As it plays, Louis can remember making it for when he went out with Connor, but he didn't tell Harry that, obviously. In fact, he found a new meaning in the playlist after seeing Harry sing to it.