Chapter 14

Emma's POV

Lately after what Killian told me I havent really left his side. I staid close to him because I help, but think if I left his side Neal and or Graham will try something.

"Swan, I need to go to my father's office real quick." Killian tells me.

"Yeah okay." I say.

"You'll be fine. Just dont talk to them if they come over to you." He says.

When Killian walked away I got nervous because I knew Neal and Graham would leave me alone if I was with Killian, but being away from Killian made me think they could hurt me.

"Hey Emma. Graham and I are heading to get drinks after work. Wanna join?" Neal asks.

"Sorry I cant. I have alot of work to do." I say.

"You need a night out. You also shouldnt be hanging around your boss so much. Everyone will think your sleeping with your boss." He says.

"Look Killian is helping with me the work I need to do. I dont care if everyone thinks Im sleeping with him. The answer is no. I wont go out with you and Graham." I say to him.

"Oh come on beautiful. Come with us." He says.

"Hey Neal. You should be working or I will report your lack of work to my father and your chance of keeping this job will be slim." Killian says walking over to us.

"Jones we both know that this is about whatever her name was. Emma can make her choice." Neal says.

"Yeah and I made my choice. Leave me alone Neal." I say.

"See Emma doesnt want you near her. So leave her alone or you'll have to answer to me." Killian says.

"Whatever." Neal says and walked away.

Killian went back to his office, but he looked at me every few minutes to make sure I was okay. Then I got a weird message that said I should keep an eye out when I go home. After work I staid until Killian was about to leave.

"Swan, you should go home. You will be safe there." Killian says.

"No I got a weird message saying other wise. Snow went to my apartment and got my dog, but Im afraid to go home. Snow says I can stay with her, but I dont want her to get hurt because of what Im only guessing is Neal and Graham are mad at me." I say.

"You really dont feel safe?" He asks.

"Yeah Im scared." I say.

"Then come on. You can stay with me." He says.

"Are you sure about that?" I ask.

"Yeah Im sure. Neal would have to be a complete idiot if he thinks he can get you while your under my protection. I might have failed Jasmine, but I wont fail you Swan." He says.

The way he was looking at me made me feel like he cares about me, but I know thats all in my head. Killian Jones doesnt and will never have feelings for me. I just wish it could be different, but that will never ever happen.