Chapter 1

Killian's POV

Tonight was the night of our annual ball. Its the one night a year that everyone in my families firm can have a nice relaxing night. After the year we all had it was time for some unwinding. So many things happened this year and as I looked around the room my eyes caught one beautiful Swan. She was the reason everything had changed since I got to work here 5 years ago. Everything changed because of her, but nothing was bad it wall all different. Well only one thing was bad... Though the reason wasnt her fault it was mine. I fell in love with her, but I got scared and I pushed her away and now she doesnt talk to me that often.

"Mr.Jones, its a lovely turn out." Emma says to me.

"Yeah it always is." I say.

"Well I better be going." She says.

"Wait, before you do... Would you care to dance with me?" I ask.

"After everything that happened... I cant." She says and walked away.

I really messed everything up...

1 year ago.

"So thats it your leaving?" I ask my girlfriend.

"Yeah. Im bored here. Your all work and no longer fun. I want fun." She says.

"Milah please." I say.

"Later." She says and walked out.

Not only was Milah my now ex was leaving and I didnt really care until she took my assistant Walsh with her. Now I needed someone new.

"Okay there is one more left maybe this one will work out." Belle says.

"Thanks again for feeling in Belle." I say.

"No problem.. Emma Swan is her name." Belle says.

Then this woman with blonde hair walked in and she seemed alittle nervous.

"Umm... Hi... Im Emma Swan." She says.

"Its nice to meet you Miss.Swan. Im Killian Jones." I say.

"Oh I know everyone knows.... Oh that sounded creepy... Can we forget I said that?" She asks.

"Sure thing love.. Anyway why do you want this job?" I ask.

"Well.. umm you see I was at this other firm for their internship program and I didnt get the internship I wanted all because some other girl slept with the boss.... Oh Im rambling... You see this is the last place in the city where I can intern for a Publishing company and thats why I want it." She says to me.

"So Swan.. Do you want to be a Publisher or Writer?" I ask her.

"I dont know maybe both." She says.

"Really? Wow. Most people I have interviewed only said Publishing or want to just do writing. I have never got someone who wanted both." I say.

"Well.. Thank you." She says.

"One more question if I hire you when can you start?" I ask.

"Whenever you want.. I dont have any other job." She says.

"Okay. Well it was nice to meet you someone will be in touch." I say.

"Thank you." She says and walked out.

I looked over all of my new possible assistants with my friends/ Co-Workers help.

"Well I think Emma Swan is the best fit." Belle says.

"Are you sure?" Regina asks.

"Regina, all the others have no experience." Robin says.

"Plus we need a new babe like her around." Ruby says.

"Okay.. Anyway I think Killian should pick his own damn assistant so we can leave." David says.

"Last time I picked an assistant he stole my girlfriend." I say.

"Not to mention his first assistant he ever picked became his hoe girlfriend." Zelena says.

"Okay.. Pick.. One." Liam says holding the resumes out like he was doing a card trick.

"What?" I ask.

"Just pick one a out of my hand and he or she will be the new assistant." He says.

I reached out and grabbed one and the one who will be joining me will be Emma Swan.