1.28 ϟ Caught

AUTHORS NOTE: We're getting close to the end! I can't believe it! I'm so excited to see what's next for Remilda!

Also, please check out my newest story "An Old Spark"! Here's the trailer!

_____

Because of Filtch's condition, Umbridge didn't force him to do anything but keep an eye on the two first years Fred and George had accidently sent to the hospital wing. Or in other words, try to get information out of them out what everyone who had once given her trouble was up to. But she wasn't any closer to getting information, and Malfoy and the other goons who joined in helping Umbridge weren't that difficult to get around.

"So what do you think we'll be going over today?" Remilda asked as she and George made their way down the corridor towards the wall that was going to reveal the Room of Requirements. "I think Harry exhausted the basics."

"We'll probably still be working on the disarming spell," he grumbled, "you'd think Longbottom would have gotten the hang of it already."

"You said he got it last week!" she reminded him, "He is getting the hang of it...it's just...taking awhile long than expected." she shrugged.

George chuckled, "You seem a lot happier today," he pointed out, "did you and Raelyn talk?"

Remilda sighed heavily, "Not really," she shrugged, "she always comes around though."

However she wasn't so sure that Raelyn would this time. And Remilda wouldn't blame her if she didn't. She did just find out that Remilda wasn't even her sister, both of her parents had been keeping a secret that could have put their entire family in this whole mess. But with all of that suddenly ending up on Remilda's shoulders more than before, she had finally decided to just let Raelyn stew on the problem until she either blew up or moved on. That was what usually happened anyway...

"Have you ever learned the patronus charm?" Remilda asked, looking up at him and he shook his head. "You've never tried it?"

He shrugged, "Hasn't come up," he stated, "we were supposed to learn it this year but with Umbridge and all."

"Maybe I can convince Harry to do that tonight," she said, "it's real easy to use the charm, but to really have a developed spell it's pretty hard."

A large group of people had already arrived in the Room of Requirements. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred, Nigel, and Raelyn were just a handful of them. Then, one by one, everybody arrived. Then while everyone was mingling with each other and while a few people congratulated Neville a few more times about their last meeting since they couldn't really talk about it outside of the meetings.

"Harry," Remilda started, reaching out and tapping him on the shoulder, "do you have a plan for tonight?" she asked him as he turned around.

She hadn't managed to have many one on one conversations with him for a while. Every time she looked at him, or even Raelyn for that matter, was a painful reminder that everything she had known growing up was a lie.

"I was thinking just giving everyone to work on nonverbal spells," he replied simply. His green eyes reflected their mothers perfectly. And his dark hair was the same as their father's. It felt wrong to think that, to acknowledge that Lily and James were her parents too...

She sighed, "I was thinking, OWL's are coming up. Maybe we could do the patronus charm tonight." she suggested, "Get everyone thinking about the good stuff instead of everything else..." she shrugged as he began to think about the option.

"That's such a hard spell to learn, let alone teach..."

"Rae and I learned it last year," she said quickly, "we could help you, but I think they can handle it. Even..." she paused glancing towards Neville, "it could be fun."

Harry sighed heavily, his eyes scanned the room. His eyes lingering on the door as they opened as Lucy hurried in. But he then quickly looked back at Remilda.

"Do you really think it's a good idea?"

Remilda sighed heavily, "Nothing can go wrong with it, Harry."

Once everyone was settled in the two usual lines, Harry took the floor. Remilda wasn't entirely sure what they would be doing, Harry hadn't really told her anything. He had just said he would think about it.

"Hello everyone," he began, "well tonight, we're going to be learning a new spell," he stated, "the patronus charm. It's a really difficult spell, but quite simple actually..." he paused as he tried to think of the right words to use while everyone began to grin and whisper to each other with excitement. "You just need to think of a memory, a very, very good memory." he said, "And keep that memory, and as long as you keep that memory and your focus your spell will keep working. The average patronus, before it takes a form, it can hold off one or two dementors. But a full patronus can ward off a lot more." he explained simply, "But if you encounter a dementor, there's a good chance you might not be able to think up something good. So it's really important that you make sure the memory is so good, you'll always be able to think of it again."

"How'd you convince him?" Lucy asked from one side of her. "Last night in the common room he was saying it was just going to be deuling."

Remilda shrugged, "I guess I'm quite persuasive."

Lucy chuckled.

"Well, uh, let's begin then! Take your time! Don't lose your focus, and think of your memory and say 'Expecto Patronum'." Harry said, and then everyone began to disperse and took their space.

"Well, Potter," Lucy began, clapping a hand on her shoulder, "you say you know how it's done, show us then."

Remilda smirked and took a step back. Remilda, Lucy, George, and Fred all stood around in a small group as others began attempting the spell. She pulled out her wand and took a second to pull together her memory, which was still the same. It always would be; when she received her wand after getting sorted at Ilvermorny.

"Expecto Patronum," she said sharply, and like blue and white streams of light flooded out of the tip of her wand and formed into a bird, a robin to be exact.

As it flapped its wings, streams of lights flowed behind it. She directed it higher up with a motion of her wand and then down and around Lucy who had asked her to do the spell. As it swooped down however, a patronus in the shape of a tiger reached up with it's paw to swat at it. And the sight of the patronus quickly made Remilda stop the spell.

It was Raelyn's.

"You make it look easy," George smirked.

Remilda shrugged, "It is once you get the hang of it."

The D.A practiced eagerly with the spell, 'oohs' and 'ahhs' erupted from different people as people began to get the hang of the spell. Then eventually, nearly everyone was having their patronus chase around other people's while others were still trying to get the patronus to take its full form. Everyone was having fun, the meetings were always fun at least to some degree. Sure they had their dull moments, but for a majority of the time everyone at least enjoyed themselves.

However, the meeting was short lived. While George was showing off his ability to create a full patronus while Fred's was half formed for maybe a second before melting away; Remilda and Lucy watched snickering to themselves. About ten short minutes before Harry was going to reel in everyone and end the meeting, there was a ground shaking 'BANG'. And with that, a hole in the wall where the door would usually be, crumbled to pieces on the floor.

Then, in the opening, stood Professor Umbridge with each of her goons that had Malfoy and his friends in the mix. And with them, stood Cho Chang. Her face covered with boils because of the charm that had been on the paper they all had signed to join the D.A. They all stood there, absolutely horrified that they had all just been caught.