1.24 ϟ The Girl Who Was Hidden

Remilda jolted awake, her skin felt cold but she could feel her back covered with sweat. She sat up slowly, and quickly pulled the locket over her head. She turned the gold locker around between her fingers for a bit, before popping the lock and opening it. Inside, there was no pictures. Instead, a thin layer of glass and on the other side was a liquid that had a curled up strand of something. 

      Her mind went back to her first time in Dumbledores office. The memories that were around the pensieve. She stared down at the locket before quickly snapping it shut. Her mind felt numb, she felt like a zombie really. As she stood up, tucking her locket in her pocket of her robe as she made her way down the stairs. The chatter from her friends echoed up the staircase. When she got to the bottom, Harry and Lucy were sitting by the fireplace and Ron and Hermione were on the couch. Then Remilda was at one of the tables, doodling when she should have been writing .

"Alright, Remilda?" Hermione asked as she saw Remilda emerge from the staircase.

Remilda quickly, perhaps too quickly, nodded her head. "I'm not feeling well. I'm going to go to the infirmary for something." she replied, keeping her voice monotone.

      From the corner of her eye, she saw Raelyn look up at her. Not at all convinced. Remilda couldn't hide it, the locket that was hidden tightly in her hand was practically burning her palm the more she thought about what could be inside of it. Well, she knew it was a memory, but what it was of was what was burning the front of her mind with questions? She had to admit, if it was important, if Voldemort had been showing her what was happening at that very moment; it was clever of her father to use that against him.

"I'll go with you." Raelyn said as she began to stand up, "A bit of an adventure in the castle after hours-"

"I'd rather go myself, thanks." Remilda said, cutting her off midsentence.

Raelyn rose an eyebrow sharply, "You sure?"

Remilda nodded, "Yeah, I'm sure." she replied, and made a quick exit out of the portrait hole.

      Remilda looked from side to side, making sure that nobody who would tell Umbridge would be around. So once she saw it was clear, Remilda quickly began to make her way in the direction of Dumbledores office. The entire way there, she felt already exhausted. Whatever had just happened in the room, it had never happened before. Nothing remotely close to it had ever happened.

"Out a bit late, are we, Miss Potter?"

      Remilda stopped in her tracks, hesitating before she turned around. However when she did, she felt relieved to see that it was only Professor McGonagall; one of the few professors to make it obvious she hated Umbridge as much as ninety-nine percent of the student body.

"I, uh, I was just going to see if the headmaster had sometime to talk with me..." Remilda said honestly as McGonagall descended down the stairs to the landing that Remilda was on.

"About what if I may ask?" she asked.

Remilda didn't say anything for a moment, "Just about the Azkaban breakout." she replied, which that wasn't a complete lie.

"Are you worried about your father?"

I should be more worried than I am, she thought. She had just seen him with Voldemort after all. She had seen him tortured at least twice. For all she knew, after he gave her that warning, Voldemort killed him. He could have been dead at that very moment...she hadn't thought about that possibility.

McGonagall sighed heavily, "Well, Miss Potter," she paused, "if it's urgent, I'm sure he will be able to spare a few minutes. Lemon drops and sherbert is the new password," McGonagall told her and her eyes studied Remilda for a moment. Her eyes landed on Remilda's hand that was clenching something so tightly that her knuckles were turning white. "Good luck." she said finally, giving her a small smile and nod before turning continuing on her way to the Gryffindor tower.