1.7 ϟ First Day of Classes

That night, sure enough Raelyn and Remilda had separate rooms. In Remilda's room, it was herself, Hermione, Lucy Diggory, Romilda Vane, and Demelza Robins. Romilda was a pretty girl, probably one of the prettiest girls that was in Gryffindor, and she had dark brown hair that was waved and went down her back and she had big hazel eyes to match. Then Demelza had reddish brown hair, freckled cheeks, and bright blue eyes that made her extremely welcoming. It was a quiet bunch, at least during that first night. Once everyone was heading to bed, everyone was so exhausted so everyone went to bed straight away.

In all honesty, it was probably one of the best nights of sleep that Remilda had gotten for awhile. Instead of laying awake and think about her mother and how much she hates having to leave the States, she was able to drift off to sleep while thinking about the next day of classes.

"Hermione," Remilda started as the two of them began their descent down the narrow staircase to the common room to pick up their schedules before breakfast. "yesterday Harry mentioned having a hearing. What was it for? Was it because of Cedric Diggory?"

She quickly shook her head, "No," she replied, "he used the patronus charm to get rid of two dementors that attacked him and his cousin."

"He had to have a hearing for that?"

Hermione sighed and nodded, "Unforntunately yes..." she sighed as they got to the common room.

There was a long table with envelopes spread out across it. A handful was already gone, so Remilda scanned the names until she saw hers. Right in a row; Raelyn Potter, Remilda Potter, Harry Potter. She thought about picking up Raelyn's as well, but she only picked her own. The yellowish paper was thick, and written on neatly with green ink. As Hermione got her's and the two of them went to leave the common room, Remilda unfolded the paper.

Due to the standards in place at Ilvermorny Academy, you have completed many of your fifth year requirements. Please use your free periods responsibly, Miss Potter. I would suggest using them to prepare for your OWL's.

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Head Mistress

Monday:
1 Free
2 Potions
Lunch
3 Charms
4 Defense Against the Dark Arts
Dinner

Tuesday:
1 Charms
2 Transfiguration
Lunch
3 Divination
4 Herbology
Dinner

Wednesday:
1 Free Period
2 Transfiguration
Lunch
3 Herbology
4 free
Dinner
5 Astronomy

Thursday:
1-2 Potions
Lunch
3-4 Defense Against the Dark Arts
Dinner

Friday:
1-2 Free
Lunch
3-4 Free
Dinner

Remilda smiled at the note at the top of her schedule. First hour on Monday was free, fourth hour on Wednesday was free, and the entire day on Friday was completely open.

"We have...Potions, Defense Against the dark Arts, and Divination together!" Hermione smiled as they descended down the enchanted staircase. "How'd you manage to complete the requirements already?"

"We had an extra hour of classes each day at Ilvermorny and a few years ago, the Congress decided to up the standards." she explained simply, "I never thought it'd pay off." Remilda added, laughing a bit.