1.13 ϟ Just Another Day in a Jungle

You'd think that by two months in to the year at Hogwarts, Raelyn would have exhausted any shortcuts she thought there would be. Apparaently, late the previous Friday she had stayed up late with Harry and Hermione, looking at a map that Harry had. She was convinced that she had taken a shortcut that wasn't on the map. Remilda told her over and over again while Raelyn dragged her along to Potions that the odds of Raelyn finding a new shortcut were next to none.

Eventually the two of them had to end up running down a narrow staircase, down a empty corridor, realized they were at a dead end of unused room...so they had to turn around and back tracked. When they got to the main corridor right outside the Great Hall, there were only a few students peering at the new rules that were on display.

"Pick up your feet!" Raelyn said reaching back and grabbing her arm, "Snape said if I was late again I'd get detention!"

"How is that my fault!? You're the one that spent all of last week trying to find a place for the you-know-what." Remilda retorted.

Rae didn't say anything at first, but then finally released her arm, "Just please run faster." she groaned as there was a pack of first or second years gathered on a landing of the enchanted staircase. Looking around trying to decide to go left or right. "You lot lost too?" Raelyn asked as she sped closer to them, "You won't get anywhere not moving-" she paused as they quickly jumped to the sides to let the two girls pass.

"Sorry," Remilda said quickly, "can't help. Potions class..."

"You're going the wrong way then!"

Remilda stopped quickly, nearly falling. Suddenly all the running hit her like a truck and she was gasping to breath as she leaned on the railing before turning around. A girl in Ravenclaw robes, with light brown hair in two braids across her shoulders and square glasses was pointing to the left staircase.

"Raelyn!" she called over her shoulder and began back up the stairs. "Thanks..." she said, still gasping for air as she made her way in the right direction. She could hear Raelyn close behind her.

Today can't get any worse, Remilda thought. First at breakfast she spilled her orange juice all over her bag and was still waiting for a time where she could make sure everything was clean. She had used a cleaning charm on her books and such, but her bag still smelt like orange juice. Then Luna Lovegood had to but right into Remilda's usual conversation with George.

"So is it official yet, Remilda?"

Luna's question shocked Remilda beyond words. Absolutely mortified her actually. At first Remilda hadn't been sure why, and she hated what she was beginning to think; she liked him. She didn't want to like him. She didn't want to like anyone. At least not while she was so new still and while everything was going on in the Order. But George was so nice, all of the Weasley's were. But it was just so easy to talk to George.

Remilda quickly shoved those thoughts out of her head as she stopped in front of the door to the Potions room. She took a moment to catch her breath as Raelyn caught up with her and did the same before they entered the room. The two of the girls calmly pushed the door open, only to interrupt Snape as he spoke...

-welcome to class." he said coldly, "thirty point from Gryffindor...each. And Raelyn Potter, see me after class,"

"It was my fault, professor." Remilda said quickly as she took her seat in front of Malfoy. "I thought I knew a faster way to get here..."

He watched both of them for a moment as Raelyn stayed as quiet as she could while she took her usual seat in the second the last desk towards the back. "It seems that you were mistaken." he said slowly.