Chapter 5

Ruba and her friends all headed towards there locker to grab their belongings and remove the hex spell. 

"Are you ready Ruba?" Amy called out. 

"Uh, yeah. Hang on a minute... you guys can start walking. I'll meet you later." Ruba smirked towards her locker. She looked over her shoulder and narrowed her eyes and glared from left to right, to see if her friends had started walking. She grabbed all the necessary equipment to remove the hex spell: a wax candle, water and a black bowl. However, she glared a second time from left to right and grabbed different equipment: 3"x3" piece of paper and a black ink pen. She quickly stuffed it all in her back pack and shut her locker and ran after her friends. 

                                                                                       * * * 

"Hey guys!" Ruba smiled. 

"Hey Ruba! Did you get the equipment?" Michael asked. 

"Uh, yeah. I did." Ruba smiled sheepishly. 

"So, where are we going to perform this?" Willow asked. 

"Uh, I was thinking of going to the forest..." Ruba informed. "I mean, is that okay?" 

"Uh, yeah. The forest it is!" Joseph said. 

                                                                               * * *

They arrived at the forest and it was 5:00 P.M. It was dark and a bit chilly. There were trees everywhere; tall trees that scoped over and touched each other, creating arched shapes as shelters. The moon was out, full and bathing everything in its glow.

Ruba's phone beeped and she winced at the text onscreen. 

Hey, darling! What time will you be home?

To which she replied,

Hey, mum. Not too sure. But don't worry; I’m with all my friends just hanging out at Amy's. 

Okay darling. Have fun.

Thanks mum.

"Who was that?" Amy asked.

"My mum."

"Still haven't told her?"

"No. And I don't intend to any time soon!"

"Ruba, she's your mum!"

"Yeah? And this is my life!" Ruba snapped, "Can we just do the stupid spell please?"

"Ruba, you’re going to have to tell her some time!"

"Yeah, some time. Not now and -"

Ruba was cut off by Joseph, telling them to cut it out and get working. Ruba grabbed her bag off of the floor and walked away from Amy, placing herself behind a tree on her knees. The others did the same, preparing the equipment to remove the spell. 

                                                                                     * * *

Willow, Amy, Joseph and Michael were preparing everything. They all sat in a circle, leaving room for Ruba. They placed the wax candle in the bowl so it stood alone in solitary confinement. They then filled the bowl with water, making sure not to wet the candle. They all sat there, with their legs crossed, clearing their minds and waiting for Ruba to arrive.

                                                                                      * * *

Ruba was still behind the tree, removing her equipment: 3"x3" paper and a black ink pen. She started to write Naomi's name in black ink on the paper and visualized her face; long black curly hair, brown eyes, pink cheeks... and an inverted pentacle was drawn on the paper too. Ruba folded the paper twice and grabbed a rubber band from her wrist and tied it on the paper. She raised the paper to her temple and chanted three times.

"To be protected from you,

this magic charm I will do, 

With this words I bind thee, 

For you to let me be, 

To be protected from your harm, 

I now seal the charm."

Ruba grabbed the paper and placed it in her pocket and walked over to her friends and sat in the space they provided for her. 

"Ready?" Michael asked.

Ruba and the rest nodded. They all sat in silence with their eyes closed. Ruba lighted the candle and closed her eyes. They waited whilst the candle would be extinguished by the water.

The candle started to splutter and Ruba peeped through her left eye and scanned her friends.

"It's done." 

"Almost. We have to dig a hole in the ground, pour the water in it and then bury the candle." Willow proclaimed. 

As they all got up from the floor and started digging, Ruba slid her hand in her pocket and grabbed the paper and placed it on the floor. She slammed her foot on the paper nine times and on the ninth turn, she yelled in enthusiasm. 

"I now seal the charm!" 

Willow, Michael, Amy and Joseph turned their heads rapidly.

"What the hell are you doing?"  Michael shouted. 

"What? You didn't actually think I would let that bitch get away with what she's done?"  Ruba yelled out aggressively. 

"What is wrong with you? You said we would remove the hex spell, not cast a flipping revenge spell!" Michael protested in anger. 

"Hmm... you know what? For all I care, she deserves it!" Ruba commented. 

"Ruba... Why?" Amy sadly spoke. 

"Listen to me... I know you’re my friends, but that girl has caused me hell in the past!" 

"I know... we all know... But Ruba..." 

"But nothing! Why can't you just help me? Back me up? You're all wiccan's!" 

"Ruba, you can't keep going like this!" Willow protested, “Or-“ 

"Or what?" 

"Look, Ruba... Let's go home. You can stay round mine..." Amy said smoothly. 

After a moment, the colour returned to Ruba’s cheeks, "Fine..." 

They were all disappointed in her and left the forest. They forgave her, they always do, but they all had to admit the fact that Ruba wasn’t like the rest of them. Ruba was dangerous. She had powers beyond all of them put together. They just wanted to keep her safe.

They talked things through once they were at Amy’s house; though she refused to admit it. She was addicted, they all knew it. She was just too blind to realise it herself.

 Hope you enjoyed it and will be reading on ... Please

comment and if you enjoyed it vote. Thanks for the support! - Eleni.