Beach Day

Ruby's pov

*buzz buzz*
I heard my phone go off and it was Yang

Yang: Hey sis, do you and Weiss wanna come to the beach?

Me: Yeah sure, what time?

Yang: Text me when you and Weiss are ready and we will meet you at your dorm.

Me: Wait but the dance is tonight

Yang: Yeah we will make it back before

Me: Okay

Weiss was out somewhere with that disgusting Neptune. I guess they can probably just meet us there.

Me: Hey Weiss do you and Neptune wanna meet us at the beach?

Weiss: Sure we will be there soon!

I put on my my swimsuit it was very simple, it was black with red outlining then I have a black dress to wear over it. I gathered all my things and texted Yang.

We got in her car and she started driving.

"Ruby, is Weiss not coming?" Yang said starting the car.

"She's out with Neptune, they are going to meet us there." I tried to sound like I didn't care even thought I really did.

Blake cut in, "I'm sorry Ruby maybe it will just take time."

Yeah. I guess so.

We finally arrived at the beach and saw Weiss, Neptune, Sun, Jaune, Pyrra, Ren, Nora, and Penny. Then we all went to go set up.

Third person pov

"Hey Weiss-" Ruby was cut off when Weiss grabbed her to the side, and again when she touched her, her heart started beating faster. 

"So Ruby while we are at the beach can you leave me and Neptune alone for now well because you know I like him and yeah." Weiss was nervous asking Ruby this because she wasn't trying to be rude or anything, she just wanted alone time with Neptune.

"Oh um y-yeah that's fine, good luck!" Ruby was really wanting to spend more time with Weiss but Neptune was always in the way.

Weiss returned to Neptune and then Jaune appeared out of nowhere scaring Ruby making her fall.

"Jaune! What are you doing?" Ruby said while getting up from the sand.

"Oh sorry, I couldn't help but over hear your conversation with Weiss I'm really sorry Ruby I wish there was something I could do." He said while embracing Ruby.

"It's fine Jaune let's just enjoy today!"Ruby said hiding her sad emotions.

Ruby sat alone while they others were doing their thing and Weiss and Neptune were flirting the whole time.

"Hey sis I'm really sorry about what happened, Jaune told me."

"It's fine Yang, it just hurts a lot. I really do like her but she only sees me as a friend and nothing else, I've never had such strong feelings for a person before but these feelings don't even matter to her anyway. Maybe it's time to say goodbye to them." Ruby said fighting back tears.

"No! Ruby you can't give up, and it's impossible just to leave these feelings behind." Yang said preparing for an argument.

"I guess you're right, let's just go have fun!" Ruby still had tears in here eyes but that wasn't going to stop her. Yang nodded and they both went to the others and Weiss and Neptune finally decided to join them.

Ruby mostly stayed with John and Penny, they were always they happiest and funniest in the group.

The day was finally over and they went back to go get ready for the dance.

A/n: Sorry if this chapter was bad but the next one will be better. It will be about the dance >.<