Chapter 16

NIALL'S POV

"You can sleep over if you want. I have extra rooms." I say to a tired looking Kendra.

"No it's fine. I don't want to bother you. Plus I don't have any clothes." She says trying to act like she doesn't need it.

"Kenny. Please. You look really tired. And I have clothes that you can use. Just...stay."

"Fine. But I'm gonna need to go home in the morning to get my book bag." She says yawning.

"That's ok. Let me show you your room."

I lead her to the 2nd biggest room in my house. It's a little boyish because most of the time my friends that come home from college stay here.

Kendra steps in the room and looks around getting used to her surroundings. She sits on the bed and smiles.

"It's so comfy."

"Yeah. All the beds here are." I say as a matter of fact.

"Sit with me." Kendra says patting the bed.

I sit next to her and hold her hand. She leans her head on my shoulder and sighs. I lean my head on hers and ponder this moment before it ends.

"Niall?"

I spoke too soon.

"Yeah?" I ask her wondering what she's got in mind.

"Why are you dating me?" She asks softly, almost in a whisper.

"Because I like you. I've always liked you and I want to be with you." I answer truthfully.

"So you're not with me because of guilt?"

"Absolutely not! Kenny. I really like you. You're the only person I have right now and I like it that way."

"Oh. Ok." She says unconvinced.

"Kendra. Please believe me. Who told you this anyways?" I asked her wanting to know where she got that crazy idea from.

"No one did. I just...It's my crazy imagination. I was overthinking things." She said trying to end the conversation.

"Stop thinking like that. I'm crazy about you Kenny. Remember that."

"Ok. I will." She said yawning.

"Now. Go to sleep." I say prepping the bed for her.

She just nods and takes her shoes off. She slips into the bed and in between the covers.

"Goodnight babe." I say leaning over her.

I plant a kiss on her lips and walk out of the room. I turn the light off and head to bed myself.

• • • • • • • • •

"Stop! Please! Don't hurt me!"

I wake up to screaming.

I run to Kendra's room and flip the lights on. She's tossing and turning in the bed. I go up to her and shake her softly to wake her up.

"Kendra. Babe. Wake up."

Her eyes shoot open and she looks scared. Her breathing is heavy and it looks like she's sweating.

"Babe. What's wrong?"

"I w-was having a nightmare." she said scared.

"It's ok now. I'm here. Don't be scared." I said trying to calm her down.

"C-can you stay with me? Please." She pleaded.

"Of course." I said getting in between the sheets.

I held her in my arms and she was still shaking.

"Sshh. Babe. It's ok." I whispered while rubbing her back.

That seemed to calm her down as her breathing became even within a couple of minutes. My poor Kendra. What did she dream about that got her this scared?

I kissed her temple and started softly singing to her.

"One day you'll come into my world and say it all.
You say we'll be together even when you're lost.
One day you'll say these words I've thought but never said.
You say we're better off together in our bed
I want you here with me
Like how I pictured it
So I don't have to keep imagining
Come on, jump out at me
Come on, bring everything
Is it too much to ask for something great?"

Once I heard her softly snoring I stopped singing and drifted off to sleep myself.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Hey guys. Long time no update!

I miss y'all!!