Chapter 37

"Home sweet home." I murmured as I set my bags down onto the floor. I missed my empty house.

I took in my surroundings but noticed something odd. There was a bag on the floor and it definitely wasn't mine.

I took a step closer and picked it up. I examined it closely. There were clothes in here. Guy clothes.

This was creeping me out.

I reached into my nearest closet and grabbed a bat. I held it tightly in my hands as I inspected my kitchen. My first floor was all clear.

I proceeded to climb the stairs as quietly as possible. I opened every single room except mine and no one was in there.

I slowly approached my room, to which the door was cracked open. I slowly push the door and peek inside. There's a guy standing in front of my pictures on the wall!

"Who are you? And what are you doing in MY house?!" I yelled.

The guy turned around quickly and I froze.

"Matty?" I asked in shock.

"Ken." He breathed in relief.

"Don't call me that." I hissed. "What are you doing here!"

"I came to see you." He obviously stated.

"I meant what are you doing in Ireland and breaking into my house?!"

"Didn't you get my letter?"

"I threw it away Matty."

"Gee thanks."

"Now tell me what you're doing here or else I won't hesitate to beat you with this bat."

"Well...the letter was to tell you that I was moving to Ireland for school. And that I wanted to see you and apologize for what happened with me and-"

"Just shut up. Get out of my house. I never want to see you near me ever again Hobbes."

"But-"

"OUT! NOW!" I yelled.

He put his hands up in the air and scurried along. As soon as I heard the front door close, everything started spinning. My eyes were getting heavy.

I hit the floor with a thud.

_~_~_~_~

Beep.
Beep.
Beep.

This continuous sound kept ringing. It was giving me a headache.

I tried opening my eyes but I couldn't. It's like if I was awake but my face wasn't responding.

"Has she woken up yet, doc?" I heard an all too familiar voice.

"Not yet Mr. Horan." The doctor said confirming the identity of him.

"It's been 2 days doc. When is she going to wake up?" He asked impatiently.

"When Ms. Kimball fell Mr. Horan, she hit her head very hard. It caused her to go into a minor coma. I don't know exactly when she will be waking up son."

There was a long pause. Then the door closed.

I heard a long sigh and a chair cushion squeak.

A soft yet firm grasp was felt on my hand.

"Kenny." he said, "Please wake up baby. I miss you. I miss seeing those crystal blue eyes. And that smile."

He sniffed.

"Please wake up princess, I miss the sound of your voice."

"She's not awake yet?"

"No mate. She's been out for two days." I'm guessing by the voice he was talking to Harry.

"Man. Do you know what happened? How she hit her head? What caused it?" Harry asked frantically.

"I found her on the floor Harry. I went to go see if she was ok because she never called to say she was home safe. When I go check up on her she was lying on the floor. There was blood around her head." Niall explained.

"I thought she was dead, Harry."

They kept murmuring back and forth but I could only think about one thing. Matty.

Why was he at my house? How did he know where I lived? And out of all the schools in the world, why Ireland?

I wanted to move already. I wanted to tell Niall what happened. I want my prince to know I'm ok. I want to tell him how much I love him.

"Kenny. It's Liam dear. I know you probably can't hear me. Just look at you. Who did this? If I ever come to find out who it is, I will personally find him or her and kill them. I can't stand to see you or Niall in pain." Liam sniffled.

"I love you like my baby sister Kenny. Please stay strong for Niall. He loves you to death."

He ended his heartfelt speech by kissing my forehead. I felt the waterworks coming on.

I know I couldn't speak or move but tears still leaked out of the corner of my eye.

"Oh Kenny. Please tell me you just heard what I said?" He gasped.

"Move a finger, speak, move a foot. Please Kenny please." He begged.

I tried my best to try speak but no words came out. So I tried a finger.

"You did hear me!" He gasped.

"Please come back to us Kenny. We miss you tons! I've got to tell the doctor! And Niall! I'll be back love!" He said as he scurried for the door.

In an instant more than a few footsteps were heard coming through the doors.

"I swear doc, she moved her finger! She was crying to look!" Liam exclaimed.

"Liam you better not be lying! It's not funny!" Niall hissed.

"No look mate." He said as the whole room went silent.

"Kenny, love? Please show Niall that you can hear us. Show him that you're ok." Liam pleaded.

I tried painfully hard to move my finger again and I did.

"Oh my god! Kenny!" Niall gasped in surprise.

"Ok. Everybody out. We have to examine Ms. Kimball to make sure she's stable. Her heart rate is going up." The doc announced.

Of course my heart rate was going up. I was happy to hear that Niall knows I'm ok and that I can hear him.

I don't know how long it would take me to move my entire body again but geez I wanted this paralyzation to end already.

_~_~_~_~_~_~_

Are you surprised that Matty Hobbes appeared in her house?

I need ideas for who I should "cast" as Matty seeing as he's going to be playing a major role in this story! Please comment or message me with your ideas!

Thank you so much for the love you guys give my story! Its already up to 5k reads!

I love you guys!! 💕💕💕💕💕