Chapter 13

NIALL'S POV

Kendra kissed me. I didn't even ask her to but she did it herself. Now I know that she feels something for me.

I know it'll be weird at school but I hope she gets used to it. I'm going to ask her to officially be my girlfriend tomorrow. I know it's too soon but I want her I know I'm not joking around with her and that I want to be with her.

For now all I have to do is hope for the best and hope she says yes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Monday at school)

NIALL'S POV

"Can I have a dozen tulips please?" I asked the salesperson.

"Special lady in your life?"

"Definitely." I said smiling.

Is it evident in my face that I have someone special? Eh, I don't care. As long as I'm happy I'm ok with it.

I drive to school hoping that I'll see Kendra before school starts. Maybe I'll beat her to her locker and surprise her then.

When I get to school I gather my things and take the flowers in my hands. I head to her locker and stop when I see her. She looks beautiful as she's talking with her friends.

Her friend Bri sees me and I signal her to stay quiet. She just smiles and keeps talking to her. I walk over to her quietly and hug her from behind. She jumps a little at my touch but when she sees me she relaxes. She looks at Bri for approval and she just smiles and tells her she'll see her at lunch.

When Bri leaves, Kendra turns to me and smiles. I have the tulips behind my back so she won't see them.

"Hey." I say awkwardly.

"Hey."

"How did you sleep?" I asked trying to make conversation.

"Good. You?"

"Same. Umm. I want to ask you something." I said fiddling with my free hand.

"Ok?" She asked waiting for the question.

"Do you...umm...do you want to be my girlfriend?" I asked giving her the tulips, glad that I finally got it off my chest.

I awaited her response patiently, knowing that she needed to think about it. She looked at the tulips then looked me in the eyes and bit her lip then nodded.

"Yes."

"Yes?" I asked confirming her answer.

"Yes."

I picked her up and twirled her around in a huge hug. When I set her down I kissed her sweetly. We were interrupted by the ringing of the school bell and I took it upon myself to walk her to class. When we were at the door of her class I gave her another kiss and told her I'd meet her here after class. She smiled and nodded.

I love her smile so much. We still don't talk much but I know we'll get through this awkward and confusing stage and into the honeymoon phase soon. I'm just lucky she's mine now and that I'm hers.

______________