Part 4

Part 4

(Sonny is sitting in her apartment playing the guitar when there is a knock on her door)

Sonny: Coming! (she sets the guitar on the table and she opens the door and sees Mel)

Mel: Hey can I come in?

Sonny: Of course. (they walk over and sit on the couch)

Mel: I see your writing some new songs. (jokes) They’re not about Chad are they?

Sonny: (starts shuffling the papers under her guitar) Nope. No why would you say that.

Mel: (gives Sonny a look) Grady told me about it.

Sonny: Oh well… I

Mel: It’s okay Sonny I won’t tell anyone.

Sonny: No it’s not okay. It has been three months since the break up. I need to get out of this funk and go on a date. (gets up from couch) Yeah that’s what I’ll do.

Mel: Are you sure about this? I mean are you really ready?

Sonny: Yes! Do you know anybody you think I would like? No actors please.

Mel: (laughs) Okay. Umm my cousins single. I think you two would get along. You both got that cheery perky attitude going on all the time.

Sonny: (claps hands) Great! Give him a call and let me know what he says.

(Sonny and Mel get up and Sonny opens the door for her)

Mel: (smiles) Okay. Bye.

Sonny: Bye. (she closes the door and walks over to the table and picks up the songs she has been working on she moves to throw them away but instead turns and buries them in the bottom of a drawer)