Ch. 5

WARNING MENTION OF SELF HARM, SUICIDE, AND PHYSICAL ABUSE

Magnus P.O.V.

When I got to Alec's I could tell something was wrong. Izzy had told me where the spare key was prior to now, and I reached down getting it from under the mat. Once I was inside I ran upstairs to Alec's room. Only to find him sitting on the ground with a razor covered in his own blood, crying. "By the angel Alec, what happened." I knew exactly what had happened, but I wanted to give him a chance to explain. He didn't say anything. He just sat there shuttering. I slowly walked over to him and sat down, cradling him in my arms. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.", was all Alec managed to say. 'Why was he apologizing' Neither of us said anything. We just sat there. After what felt like an eternity of us sitting there he finally stood and grabbed my hand to pull me up. After helping him get cleaned up I pulled him down the stairs to the couch. We sat down, and I finally spoke. "Alec what...why" my voice had gone from confident to a whine and it was evident I was trying to hold back tears.

"I-I-I'm the reason my family fell apart, Everyone HATES me, and the person I love will NEVER love me like I want h-them to. It would be better if I just didn't exist." Alec was now in tears, and so was I. I had noticed something when he said them. Instead of saying her he had them. Almost like he had started to say him but stopped himself. Instead of questioning it I made it my mission to get these absurd ideas out of his head.

"Don't say those things! You are AMAZING! Listen to me if your parents are having problems it is not your fault. He tried to interrupt me, but I just cut him off. "And if you think everyone hates you then you clearly don't pay enough attention. Jace nearly got his nose broken for you, and Izzy goes to the moon and back to make sure you aren't bullied by everyone. The jocks that hurt I are awful, and they will never change. But they will also never succeed. And as for this person who will never love you back." I paused only for a second contemplating how to respond. "They are an idiot. You are by far the kindest person I have ever met, and you don't deserve any of this. Now, unless I have a good reason for doing this to yourself I see no reason not to..." All of a sudden I was cut off by Alec. He wrapped his arms around me and we sat there embracing each other. When I pulled away I was greeted by his blue eyes. The beautiful blue eyes that sat before me were filled with tears.

"Please don't tell anyone I tried to k-k..." He could say it and I want about to make him.

"Alexander, I won't, I swear I won't."

Alec P.O.V.

"Alexander, I won't, I swear I won't." He used my full name? I liked the way it sounded when he said it. Normally I would have bit someone's head off correcting them, but he was different.

"Please don't tell anyone about the cutting either. I PROMISE I won't do it anymore." His words were smoothing but swift

"You can't hurt yourself any other way either. I won't tell anyone for now, but I am going to keep a very, very close eye on you. And if it starts again I will tell Izzy." At this point I had stopped listening to what he was saying. His words from before kept replaying in my head. "And as for this person who will never love you back, they are an idiot." What did he mean they were an idiot. 'God! This is so confusing!' "I have a question"

"Okay, shoot."

"How do you know my full name?"

"I saw your file in the nurse's office. Why do you not want me to call you that. Cause I won't if you don't want me to." His voice got all shakey as he said it. 'He looked adorable so worried.'

"I don't mind it. I don't let anyone else call me that though. When I was around seven my dad would hit me if I missed the target in archery or if I stepped out of line he would do much worse. It wasn't till I was older I realized he had been sexually abusing me. And he would always call me Alexander when he got mad enough to hit me."

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know I won't call you that if it will make you feel uncomfortable."

"No...no I like when you say it. As for not knowing you are the only person I have ever told. Not even my mother knows." We sat on the couch talking till Izzy got home. Then we went up to my room. My mother texted saying she wouldn't be home that night and I felt a sigh of relief escape. It was starting to get late, but I didn't want Magnus to leave. If he left I would be lone again.

"It's getting late I better go."

"Please, please don't leave me, PLEASE."

"Okay, I'll text my mom to let her know I'm staying with a friend. Im not going anywhere." He gets up briefly to text his mom then comes back to the bed, and we soon fall asleep in each other's arms."