Poems - 159.

Chapter 159

Alina couldn't help but feel incredibly guilty with every passing moment she spent with Jesse, she was unsure why Lia didn't invite her friend, Raven, no- Ramona, she was having a wonderful time with Jesse but the fact that Lia was alone - well not alone, right now she was with Benji as they drew on Arden's face - but without her, she hated that they weren't, she needed her best friend back, she missed her terribly.

She pulled Jesse's shirt over her head, completely oblivious to his eyes raking her body, she wasn't uncomfortable in her body, she used to be, if she was being entirely truthful but she had learned how to love herself, and now she finally did.

She used to hate the way her thighs jiggled, or the fact that she couldn't walk in shorts for long without her thighs moving together, she would hate the way the stretch marks crawled over her hips and the way her stomach rounded out more than her sisters. She couldn't stand the fact that her arms jiggled when she ran, or that her wrists where smaller than her upper arms, or the fact that her collarbone was less prominent than what it could be, or the fact that her stretch marks indented her skin in small pink marks hidden under the clothes she wore.

But now, at fourteen, she couldn't say that anymore, she loved herself, and her body, she loved the way her thighs moved when she sat down, the way the stretch marks painted her body with colours, that she was a real, living, breathing human with indents and marks, and 'imperfections' that weren't truly imperfections but strokes of a brush painting her skin and she was the finished masterpiece.

She loved that her stomach was bigger, that her waist indented more prominently with the way her body was, the curve of her back to her bottom, she loved how Jesse's arms felt around her, and how he would whisper, "so bloody cuddly, love, never letting you go," not because she needed his approval, or that his word made her feel better about herself, but just that he was more than willing to accept her and the so called imperfections that he didn't see as imperfections either, in fact, he was completely and totally in love with her body as much as he was her mind.

Saying the word society seemed incredibly cliché, blaming society for the wrong doings of the world, but it was true, as a collective, humans tended to judge the minority, but they weren't exactly the minority, just because Alina's weight wasn't accepted as beautiful in society, didn't mean that it was going to stop her from being her beautiful self, because merlin, she was gorgeous inside and out, and she knew that, and she wouldn't let anyone stop her from being her best self.

"Alina," he whispered, watching her long lashes flutter as she lifted her head to stare at him, her hair tumbling down her back, her bare stomach only hidden behind the waist line of the shorts she had on, her eyes searching her room for another of Jesse's jumpers because the one she previously had on didn't smell like him anymore, and that's what she wanted more than the comfort, "come here, will you?"

Her eyebrows ever so slightly as she pushed herself over to her bed, climbing atop of it without so much as a word, her hand reaching for his, a smile falling onto his lips, "merlin, you are so beautiful."

"Oh, I know," she teased, giggling as she took his face in her hands, gnawing at her bottom lip when his hand slipped around her waist, "I uh, I haven't talked to Lia yet."

He sighed, nodding his head softly, "I know it's hard, baby girl, but you're best friends, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, you're gonna have to apologise, as much as I love you, and I will always be on your side with everything, Lia didn't deserve that, and you know that too, and you know you have to apologise, and the worst that can happen is that she needs more time to forgive you, but she's your best friend, and she will forgive you at some point, she has to, you can't live without each other, merlin!"