Poems - 12.

Chapter 12

Transfiguration's a few days later was awkward when Remus tried to speak to Adria and she completely ignored him, which caused suspicion between the three boys near her. She was doodling slightly on her parchment awaiting Professor McGonagall, whose small feet padded through the doors in her Animagus form.

She was still furious with the boys who had humiliated her without even realising it but Adria had stayed up many sleepless nights, and she still continued to do so in an attempt to read everything she could about Transfigurations, and every other subject she had.

"Good morning, Class," Professor McGonagall said, her wand flicking slightly to write on the small board. Adria read the words, and saw what they had to do for the day. All she had to do was turn a teacup into a tortoise, simple, she thought, she knew this one, she had read up on it countlessly.

"It may take a while," continued the Professor, "but I trust your skills will be better than one of a first year." Professor McGonagall's eyes trailed to Adria who soon frowned. Did McGonagall think the same as Sirius? Was she dumb to everyone.

A small detailed tea cup that looked as though it belonged in a China set appeared on Adria's table. Professor McGonagall told the class not to touch the cup just yet, but to wait until everyone had theirs.

It wasn't very noticeable that Adria was getting impatient, she wanted to start the lesson quickly just so she could show off what she had taught herself.

She wanted to prove herself.

"This tortoise is not real, you must remember," Professor McGonagall announced, "so if I see anyone trying to sneak out the animal after class then your detention won't be for just one day." Adria scoffed, she knew that she'd probably be the one to do that if Professor McGonagall hadn't addressed it.

"You may begin your tries." Adria looked around, seeing that everyone was struggling with their teacups. It wasnt surprising because she knew had she not studied the transfiguration book to a T then she would be struggling too, but she picked up her wand from the desk in front of her, and remember what she had to do.

Her voice was hushed as she muttered the incantation slowly, moved her wand diagonally down-right up, and pointed at the tea cup in front of her.

In a short amount of time, a bright blue light erupted from the end of her wand and in front of her was not a teacup anymore but a small tortoise that waddled around the desk. A satisfied smirk made its way onto her face and she placed her wand back on the desk.

"How did you do that so quickly?!" James asked, his eyes wider than she had ever seen them and an accusing look painted across his face. He looked between the small tortoise and his own teacup that was still lifeless and allows his shoulders to slump, he knew he was better than her in this class and yet he didn't quite know what to do.

Adria frowned, her eyes narrowed as she thought of what to say to him. It was very clear to her that he was surprised, she knew what he thought of her and the little rage she had from what she had previously heard from the boys seemed to amplify at the look on his face.

"Oh, am I not smart enough to figure it out?!" Adria grumbled bitterly, turning to face James who looked completely taken aback.

"What? I never said-" He stopped mid-sentence, glancing at Remus and then to Sirius who sat at the back of the class. His lips parted as though he was about to talk, but his mouth stayed shut and instead he turned back around to face the front of the classroom.

Adria raised her hand when she realised that Professor McGonagall hadn't noticed that one of her students had finished the task so quickly, and when the woman looked up, her confused tone was clearly evident, "Yes, Miss Hopkins?"