Poems - 111.

Chapter 111

"Those cushions aren't right!" Adria shrieked from her place on the coffee table, yes on the coffee table, standing on it as she looked over her family, her hand running through her hair and her eyes wide as she made sure that everything was absolutely perfect.

"Adria," Sirius laughed, gripping her waist and pulling her from the coffee table, "no one is going to matter if the cushions aren't fluffed to perfection, they'll all just be excited to see you!"

"She gets that from her mum," Douglas chuckled, his eyes glazed with tears at the striking resemblance but not one did he let spill. He took a sip of the mug of tea in his hand, "when are they getting here, Addy?"

"Eleven!" she huffed, her head pressed against Sirius' chest as he patted her hair, "and the house is a mess, Jude is mess, look at him, why is he covered in chocolate?!"

"Because he had chocolate!" Sirius exclaimed, letting Adria go and shuffling over to Jude, picking him up off the ground, "I will go wash Jude's face, you get some tea and calm down!"

"I can't, what if they all see how messy my life is and hate me!" Adria squeaked, taking her father's tea and downing it all in one.

"Really, Ads?" he grumbled with a glare, shaking his head as he done so.

"Adria, the boys aren't going to care!" Sirius scoffed, "you know who else won't care? Lily, Marlene, Dorcas, Mary, Blair, Arden, Finn, Milo, none of them-"

"You forgot Isaac," Adria mumbled, "he's coming with Blair!"

"Isaac won't care either," Douglas laughed.

"Arden is coming back!" Benji shrieked as he descended the stairs, "look at those cushions, are we animals?!"

"Oh merlin," Sirius shook his head, "sorry Douglas," he mumbled as he passed by him with Jude, making his way up the stairs to clean him up.

"I thought you were dealing with this, Adria?!" Benji exclaimed, "look at the newspapers, they aren't in order!"

"No one is going to care about newspapers!" Douglas shouted, shaking his head, "Benji, go and fix your hair, now, please, Adria, go and make me a cup of tea since you rudely stole my other one, your friends won't care what this house looks like, Arden would much rather spend her attention on you, Benji, and not this house, and your friends will be more than happy to just see you, Adria!"

"Do I really need to make you another cup of tea?" Adria huffed, earning a furious nod.

"Of course, you do!"

"Grace is coming over!" Alfie butted in, his voice louder than ever, "look at those cushions, are we-"

"We are not animals!" Douglas groans, "oh bloody hell, Judy, help me now."

"We are going out," Alina announced as she entered the living room, her arm wrapped around Lia's as she pulled her along.

"Wha- Allie, Elliot is coming over, remember?" Adria spoke, watching Alina's eyes widened and her hand clasp over her mouth.

"Elliot is coming over!" she shrieked, "look at those cushions-"

"Okay, that's it!" Douglas shouted, silencing his children before walking over to the cushions, fluffing them exaggeratedly whilst looking them all dead in the eye, "the cushions are fine, you four are the ones that need bloody help."

"Oh, thanks dad!" Alfie exclaimed, throwing his arm around Adria, "y'know your words hurt, badly!"

"Boohoo," Douglas scoffed, "so, Adria, what have you planned for your friends today?"