Poems - 48.

Chapter 48

"Do you know what this is about?" Adria frowned, walking into the great hall hand in hand with Sirius, she was talking to Finn who had caught up with her and he merely shook his head. Professor McGonagall had issued out a request that all students from fourth year and above make their way to the great hall, and Adria was rather curious as to why.

She took a seat with the boys at the Gryffindor table, and soon after the girls joined with equally confused looks on their faces. The last of classes had just ended, and tomorrow they would all be going home, Adria wanted to spend every minute with her friends as possible, she only hoped that McGonagall had good news.

"Attention! Attention!" the booming voice of Professor McGonagall was heard around the hall, she was joined by the other head of houses as Flitwick, Sprout and Slughorn gathered around her with looks of glee adorned on their features.

"Now, before you protest, the other Professors and I would like for you all to return to Hogwarts a week early over Christmas break," as though no one heard her, the hall broke out into a mass of muttering, frowns adorned on people's lips and Adria turned to Sirius with a look of confusion, to which he just shrugged.

"Silence!" she exclaimed, her hands at either side of her and her face contorting to one of happiness which Adria had never seen on the stern woman before, "now, as a treat for our older students, which means you, Hogwarts has decided to throw a ball!"

Marlene gasped from beside Adria, Mary squealed with Dorcas whilst Lily and Adria threw grins each other's way, "a ball?!" Adria grinned, her head whipping around to Sirius once again to show the wide smile swept across her lips. Sirius smiled at the sight, attempting to mimic her excitement whilst the boys sniggered in his direction.

"Shove off," Sirius muttered when Adria turned around, he elbowed James beside him, leaned back and whispered, "maybe you could ask out Lily," he smirked, earning a push himself.

"The ball is scheduled for two days after your early return, and classes will not start until the full week is done," Professor McGonagall started to speak, but not many where listening as they chatted excitedly with their friends, as much as they would deny it, Adria could clearly see that the boys in the room where excited just as much as the girls that squealed and giggled at the thought, "now I must make it clear that you shall not return if you do not want to, the Hogwart's express will pick you up early at kings cross, or at the normal time with the younger students."

"This is so exciting," Adria smiled, leaning her head back against Sirius and looking up to meet his eye, "we get to dress up all fancy, and have fun with our friends and not worry about school."

"It's great, isn't it?" Sirius smiled, resting his head in the nook of her neck, whilst wrapping his arms tightly around her. No one except from their friends knew they were now officially going out, but it really didn't take a genius to see.

"We need to find dates!" Marlene gasped, wide eyed as she looked around the great hall as though she could just find someone there and there, Adria giggled, shaking her head slightly until Marlene gave her a look.

"Don't you laugh, Adria Belle Hopkins, just because you have a boyfriend doesn't mean the rest of us do," Marlene wagged a finger in Adria's face which resulted in more laughter when she swatted it away.

"The ball will start at seven," Professor McGonagall's voice had gotten louder, and it seemed to attract much more of the students, "and will take place here in the great hall, now I don't think I have to tell you that it is a formal event, so I expect your best dress clothes, that is all!"

"We need dresses!" Mary gasped, wide eyed just like Marlene was about their other issue, "how are we going to find dates, and get dresses in such a short time."