Chapter Twenty

1 day later
August,

I got my manager ta let me go home early. I didn't even have ta explain shit. I finished packing the rest of my things then I got into a cab and headed ta the airport.

My flight is in an hour. I called Gina. "Hi Aug." She greeted. "Hey baybeh." I smiled. "Ain't you supposed to start your concert in twenty minutes?" She asked. "Imma come home early cause something came up." I mentioned.

"What came up?" She asked. "I'a tell ya later." I told her. "Ok. When should I pick you up?" She asked.

"Seven." I said. "Ok. I'll be there." She spoke. "How're the girls?" I asked. "They're fine. They're watching movies in my room." She replied.

"Don't tell the girls I'm coming back early I want it ta be a surprise." "Ok I won't." She agreed.

"I've gotta go check in. I'a see ya later." I said. "Ok. I love you." She stated. "I love you more." I smiled.

I'm just so glad to have Gina by my side. I don't know what I'a do without her.

Gina,

"Where are you going?" I asked Skylar. "To the club." She answered. "You're not even twenty one." I crossed my arms. "I have a fake ID." She mentioned.

There was no way I'm letting her go to the club

There was no way I'm letting her go to the club. I glared at her and she glared back. "Gina. Skylar." "In here." We yelled without taking our gaze off of each other.

"What's up with y'all?" Jules asked. "Little miss Skylar wants to go clubbing." I said. "Really Skylar? You're just going to risk everything to go to jail again." Jules shook his head.

"I'm an adult not a teenager, I'll do whatever I want." She stated. "Mom won't like to here about this neither will dad." I said. "Go ahead and tell them. Mom doesn't give a fuck about me." She walked out of the house. "Skylar." I called after her.

"If she ends up in jail again she'll know what a big mistake she made." Jules said. I checked the time. It was six thirty.

"Jules can you watch the girls? I have to go pick up August." I inquired. "Aight sis." I said. "Oh! Don't tell them where am at." I remembered. "I gotcha." He said. I got my shoes on and I got in the Range Rover.

Skylar is making the wrong choices. I feel like I'm a failure as a big sister. I'm supposed to protect her but I can't if she wants to do the opposite.

I picked August up and helped him put things in the car. "I owe King some money." He said. "How much?" I wondered. "500k." "That's a lot, not some."

"I know." He sighed. "I just helped my brother pay 100k to Ray's ass. You need some money don't you?" I asked. "Yeah I do. I'a pay you back." He said.

"I'll help you. I may be broke after this but it's whatever." I shrugged. "I promise that I'a pay you back." He said.

We went to his place and dropped his stuff off. Then we went to my place. "Girls." I called. "Yes Aunty G." I heard them scream. They all came running downstairs. "Uncle Aug." They all rushed up to him and they gave him hugs.